Windows 10: Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am having an issue, I deleted a Microsoft account from my Windows 10 PC however approx every 24 hours it reappears on my PC and i get a Popup... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JPCud, Sep 11, 2019.

1. JPCud Win User

Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903

Hi,

I am having an issue, I deleted a Microsoft account from my Windows 10 PC however approx every 24 hours it reappears on my PC and i get a Popup to fix the account. When i remove again same thing happens.

I have checked the registry and also net user only shows local user

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

John.

:)

JPCud, Sep 11, 2019

2. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903 :(

Zakin, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903

Windows 10 account keeps reappearing after deletion

Hi Frontier,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.

I suggest you to boot the system in safe mode and try deleting the user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

• Log-in to the Admin account, press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by: on top of the right side and select
      Small icons.

• Click on User account and click on
      Manage another account.

• Click on the account you want to delete and click on Delete the account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903

1. Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Deleted Microsost Account

2. Verify my Microsost Account password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsost Account password.: I just want to verify my MS Account password. I don't want to change it. I don't want to verify my devices again. I don't want to get locked out.Win 10, Edge.My computers automatically sign me on to my MS account and I am not sure the 7-year-old record of my account password...
  3. Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing: Hi, this particular Windows 10 bug has been persistent for almost 2 years. If I delete a file on my desktop, it will go inside the recycle bin, as usual. But when I open a fullscreen program, the file will reappear on the desktop again. Only when I refresh the desktop with...
  4. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  5. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  7. Deleted Tags reappearing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Tags reappearing in Windows 10: I am trying to eliminate some old tags associated with my photos. I go into properties; details and delete the ones I don't want and hit OK. The tags disappear and then minutes later reappear. How do I eliminate them for good?...
  8. My Account keeps on reappearing after deleting user in Windows 10 family settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Account keeps on reappearing after deleting user in Windows 10 family settings.: My account isn't listed in family settings online but it keeps appearing here. I tried allowing the account to sign in then remove it from control panel using advanced system settings --> user profiles settings & using control panel --> remove user accounts. When I remove the...
  9. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  10. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...