Windows 10: deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home

Discus and support deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am pretty sure that I had a bit of a brain fart and deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BelaJanum, Mar 2, 2020.

1. BelaJanum Win User

deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home

I am pretty sure that I had a bit of a brain fart and deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home. How can I fix this?

:)

BelaJanum, Mar 2, 2020

2. Printers in windows 10

Hello Rocky,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that after installing Windows 10 operating system you are not able to print from your computer. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me
    with more information:

• What is the make & model number of the printer?

• Is this a wired printer or wireless printer?
    Make sure that the printer is enabled in “devices and printer” by following below steps:

• Press “Windows key”, click on “Settings

• Click on “Devices”, now click on “Printer & Scanners” in the left pane

• Click on “Devices and Printers

• Right click on the printer and “Enable” it, now try to use the printer.

There might be a possibility that while upgrading/installing Windows 10, printer drivers might get corrupt. Hence you are facing issues while printing. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device
      Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this
      device
      ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:
    Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try method 3, if the issue persist

Method 3:
    Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is
      done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Mar 2, 2020
  3. After upgrade to windows 10 i did and now my printer won't work . there is no driver for this model printer that work. such a nightmare. I removed the printer. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer and printer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Do you get any error message or code while you try to print?
    I understand your concern however, please try the
    following steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If the issue persist install the latest drivers for the printer from the manufacturer website and if you could not find, we suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode using the article below and check for the issue.

Step 2: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Refer the link below:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you better.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. deleted my built in printer driver for my windows 10 home - Similar Threads - deleted built printer

2. Deleted printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted printer driver: I think i may have deleted my printer driver when attempting to delete a printer. I have tried restarting the computer but i still cant find i the driver on the computer . Is there a link to download...
  3. Deleted printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted printer driver: I think i may have deleted my printer driver when attempting to delete a printer. I have tried restarting the computer but i still cant find i the driver on the computer . Is there a link to download...
  4. Deleted printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion: Why is it absolutely crucial for Microsoft to delete printer/scanner drivers with virtually every Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-driver-deletion/b67a274a-4979-464b-89ab-8034a7763be0
  6. Built-in printer drivers for HP

Built-in printer drivers for HP: I have a HP 4050 tn printer for which there is a built-in driver. I am using Win 10 64x. When adding a printer and performing a Windows Update the driver for HP 4050 appears, the dialog box says installing, then I get the message "Driver was not Installed." This is a local...
  7. Windows 10 built in driver for HP printer psc 2410?

Windows 10 built in driver for HP printer psc 2410?: Hi, I am trying to use Windows 10 built in driver for HP printer psc 2410. I clicked on "The printer that I want isn't listed" and used Windows Update. But series 2400 is missing from the list - I see series psc 2350 and psc 2500. How can I find and install Windows 10...
  8. I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home...

I already found my way to delete the old drivers from previous printers in windows 10 Home...: I already found the way to & deleted old drivers, but there is still something trying to find “c:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet6700\bin\HPStatusBL.dll” Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. BTW it is Home version. Must be something in the startup that's looking...
  9. WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers?

WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers?: I just downloaded a couple of windows updates today big security update and other smaller ones on my Acer Nitro 5 windows 10 laptop. After I restarted my computer, my built in speakers are not detected by my computer anymore. I've tried to do the troubleshooting thing with...
  10. Windows update deleted my printer driver

Windows update deleted my printer driver: The latest Windows 10 update apparently killed off the driver for my HP OfficeJet J4540 printer. When I tried to print the document, nothing showed on the window except the FAX and PDF programs which I never use. When I went to the control panel and clicked on the printer...