Windows 10: Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

Discus and support Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tried to make room for my work, thought my documents folder in onedrive drop down arrow was empty, and my actual document were elsewhere. Deleted it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbigailForde, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

• Tried to make room for my work, thought my documents folder in onedrive drop down arrow was empty, and my actual document were elsewhere. Deleted it, also emptied my recycling bin.
    • Didn't realise until after bin was emptied.
    • My OneDrive account is not backed up to a recent time and is behind 2 years.
    • Lost all my university work.

:)

AbigailForde, Sep 29, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

1. Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown - Similar Threads - Deleted Documents folder

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. How to delete OneDrive Documents folder without OneDrive being installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete OneDrive Documents folder without OneDrive being installed?: OneDrive is not installed Don't want it.I now have two Documents folders.I only want one.I want my [username]/Documents to be the only location that all programs use as a Documents location BUT, there is no Location tab in that folder's Properties. Help me get rid of all...
  5. How to delete OneDrive Documents folder without OneDrive being installed?

How to delete OneDrive Documents folder without OneDrive being installed?: OneDrive is not installed Don't want it.I now have two Documents folders.I only want one.I want my [username]/Documents to be the only location that all programs use as a Documents location BUT, there is no Location tab in that folder's Properties. Help me get rid of all...
  6. Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore

Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore: As the question state , I deleted the Documents folder accidentally and I tried to restore it from OneDrive only to find I can't because I already have a folder of the same name. Issue is I can't rename or change that folder in the recycle bin on OneDrive and I can't change...
  7. Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted the Documents folder on my computer, it deleted on OneDrive too and I can't restore: As the question state , I deleted the Documents folder accidentally and I tried to restore it from OneDrive only to find I can't because I already have a folder of the same name. Issue is I can't rename or change that folder in the recycle bin on OneDrive and I can't change...
  8. My Documents is on OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is on OneDrive folder: I didn't know why but my Documents folder is on OneDrive. So when I save something on Documents, my OneDrive will automatically sync. I found that this results in more storage used, so if I have a 50mb file, it takes up space both in my computer and OneDrive. When I try to...
  9. Onedrive has moved my Documents folder and deleted the old data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive has moved my Documents folder and deleted the old data: Two days ago. I had a small problem with my SD drive D: on my Surface Book 2. For some reason I couldn't read it. So I restarted my SB2 and got it back. Before this, I moved my Documents folder to Because of that, I decided to copy not move my Documents to OneDrive. Two...
  10. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...