Windows 10: Deleted my joint family account and unable to use anything

Discus and support Deleted my joint family account and unable to use anything in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! A few months ago I deleted my Live email account because I was a "child" in a joint family account. I wasn't able to sign into things like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sim Pooni, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Sim Pooni Win User

Deleted my joint family account and unable to use anything

Hello! A few months ago I deleted my Live email account because I was a "child" in a joint family account. I wasn't able to sign into things like Netflix and Spotify on my laptop without asking for permission. I thought deleting my email account would help but it made it worse. I still can't sign into things and now I always get pop-ups to sign in which I can't since my email doesn't exist error happens when I try to log into my Hotmail account that is also signed into my laptop. I browsed around the internet for solutions but nothing has worked yet. I thought maybe I have to switch the Administrator email on my laptop to my Hotmail account but that didn't work.

I would love to hear back from anyone!:

Thanks!

:)

Sim Pooni, Feb 2, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Family Account Not Removing.

Hi Saksham,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to remove the Family account.

You need to remove it from the website and then from the computer if you do not want to see it on the log in screen.

To remove the account refer the steps below.

Sign in at
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . Remove or turn off the account.

On a PC, refer the steps below.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Restart the computer and check.

• Try to open User Accounts and check how many accounts are there.

• Open Run (type run in Search or press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run). Type netplwiz and Click OK.
    For reference:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Deleted my joint family account and unable to use anything

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Deleted my joint family account and unable to use anything

1. Deleted my joint family account and unable to use anything - Similar Threads - Deleted joint family

2. i want to delete my family safety account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to delete my family safety account: i want to delete my family safety account for me and my son because we don't need it anymore , every time i try to leave family group i got a massage that something went wrong "We’re having trouble and can’t remove Maryam from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and...
  3. i want to delete my family safety account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to delete my family safety account: i want to delete my family safety account for me and my son because we don't need it anymore , every time i try to leave family group i got a massage that something went wrong "We’re having trouble and can’t remove Maryam from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and...
  4. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  5. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  6. Unable to use credit in Microsoft Family Account to buy Robux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use credit in Microsoft Family Account to buy Robux: My son sent an in-game request to purchase $9.99 in Robux for PC. I went to our Microsoft Family account and added $10 to his account so he could complete the purchase. He now has $10.50 in his Microsoft Account. He is having trouble using that $10.50 in the account to pay...
  7. newbie to Family account use

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    newbie to Family account use: Hi. I just found this Family Account component of Windows 10. I'm a long time windows user, but things have changed as windows has become more sophisticated. Apparently my family member has need of accessing Acrobat Reader, and supposedly is unable to access pdf files....
  8. how to delete family account

how to delete family account: In the past, I added email to family accounts but this is my email. I want to remove this account but when I click " manage family settings online ",It will link this email and I can't remove this email on my computer I want to use local account not link window account and...
  9. I need to delete an adult account in my family

I need to delete an adult account in my family: I need to delete an adult account in my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-an-adult-account-in-my-family/0b62e777-be8f-4b1e-990b-b248389bf1ee"
  10. How to delete a device from my family account

How to delete a device from my family account: I did a Windows 10 reset on one of the laptops of my kids. Since then, the device is not controlling the screen time anymore. When I go to my Microsoft account on the device section, I do see that the device is not reporting activity since the day of the reset. I've been...