Windows 10: deleted my school folder

Discus and support deleted my school folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hey, I deleted my school folder by accident, I don't have any restore points, and have no idea how to get it back. Do I have any other options?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewTrump, Feb 26, 2021.

1. deleted my school folder

hey, I deleted my school folder by accident, I don't have any restore points, and have no idea how to get it back. Do I have any other options?

:)

MatthewTrump, Feb 26, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused deleted my school folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well deleted my school folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 26, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 26, 2021
  4. deleted my school folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

deleted my school folder

1. deleted my school folder - Similar Threads - deleted school folder

2. My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.: Hi!I recently started studying and my school had an offer of 1tb og free onedrive storage for its students. I signed up for this, but it seems like the schools onedrive "captured/migrated" my personal files onto its new platform and my locally installed programs cant access...
  3. My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My schools onedrive folder has "captured" my files.: Hi!I recently started studying and my school had an offer of 1tb og free onedrive storage for its students. I signed up for this, but it seems like the schools onedrive "captured/migrated" my personal files onto its new platform and my locally installed programs cant access...
  4. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete School account in my personal windows Issue: I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am thinking to delete the School Account in my Windows, but it didn't work, cause the only way to delete the account need log in to...
  5. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

Delete School account in my personal windows Issue: I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am thinking to delete the School Account in my Windows, but it didn't work, cause the only way to delete the account need log in to...
  6. Deleting school administrators

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting school administrators: My sister bought her school laptop off the school after graduating and the school is still administrators is there a way to remove them so she can use it freely. It’s also saying she needs to activate windows before personalising her pc but she can’t active without being...
  7. Deleting school administrators

Deleting school administrators: My sister bought her school laptop off the school after graduating and the school is still administrators is there a way to remove them so she can use it freely. It’s also saying she needs to activate windows before personalising her pc but she can’t active without being...
  8. Deleting school administrators

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Deleting a "work or school" email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  10. my school email is getting deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my school email is getting deleted: Hi my school email is getting deleted, i was wondering what i should do ,as i downloaded windows 10 with my school account and will probably not be able to log in to my pc when the email has been deleted....