Windows 10: Deleted my system program x86

Discus and support Deleted my system program x86 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my program files x86 so i cant even open anything such as words,excel,edge etc. I already checked the restore point but theres... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nnnnnn_049, May 26, 2022.

1. Deleted my system program x86

I accidentally deleted my program files x86 so i cant even open anything such as words,excel,edge etc. I already checked the restore point but theres no previous version and i dont know what to do now. All my files have lost

:)

Nnnnnn_049, May 26, 2022
  2. KentEnnis Win User

Program Files (x86) (x86)

I have folders for program files, program files (x86) and program files (x86) (x86). Believe the program files (x86) (x86) is based on loading an incompatible Lexmark printer software as the only folder within is Lexmark 3500-4500 series. Tried to delete
    folder but states "action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. I have uninstalled all associated printer/software from system but can't seem to delete this folder. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thx

KentEnnis, May 26, 2022
  3. Delete Programs Files or Program Files(x86)?

You cannot delete them,if you delete it would screw up the computer.Generally Program files is for 64 bit installed programs and Program files(X86 ) is for 32 bit programs installed.

Use disk cleanup utility with system files to free up space.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 26, 2022
  4. Deleted my system program x86

Cannot delete folders in program files (x86)

I've followed these steps, changing first the ownership of the specific directory I want to delete from to my account and given myself full control, and still cannot delete the folder. I switched it then to administrators ownership since my account is
    part of that group, no go. I then turned off system protection on the entire C:\ drive and I still cannot delete from that folder. This is a very typical \program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\<game dir> path where games are regularly modded.

vossiewulf, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Deleted my system program x86

1. Deleted my system program x86 - Similar Threads - Deleted system program

2. A program deleted my system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A program deleted my system partition: So now will not boot... cannot seem to find an OEM type version of Windows 10/11 which it seems I must buy to repair system. I have approximately 8 different partitions and some are immovable and now it 'appears' unrecoverable bugger!......one too many Linux installations...
  3. A program deleted my system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A program deleted my system partition: So now will not boot... cannot seem to find an OEM type version of Windows 10/11 which it seems I must buy to repair system. I have approximately 8 different partitions and some are immovable and now it 'appears' unrecoverable bugger!......one too many Linux installations...
  4. Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86: Because my HP said that it was nearly full I double checked for bloatware like istalled games etc. However I find folders in the Programs Files x86 that should have disappeared when I uninstalled the programs such as WildTangent games. It won't let me delete it because it's...
  5. Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86: Because my HP said that it was nearly full I double checked for bloatware like istalled games etc. However I find folders in the Programs Files x86 that should have disappeared when I uninstalled the programs such as WildTangent games. It won't let me delete it because it's...
  6. Deleted my system program x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my system program x86: I accidentally deleted my program files x86 so i cant even open anything such as words,excel,edge etc. I already checked the restore point but theres no previous version and i dont know what to do now. All my files have lost...
  7. deleted program files x86

deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  8. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  9. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...
  10. WHO DELETED MY C:\Windows.old\Program Files & (x86) FOLDERS ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHO DELETED MY C:\Windows.old\Program Files & (x86) FOLDERS ????: *Mad *Banghead*Mad *Banghead*Mad *Banghead*Mad Using Windows 10: I just looked into my C:\Windows.old directory and both Program Files and Program Files (x86) have disappeared !!! WHY ??? WHO WOULD DO THIS ??? This is criminal !!! F@#*$%@# S#@# OF @#@ *Mad...