Windows 10: Deleted Network Adapter

Discus and support Deleted Network Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlmaRage, Jul 31, 2021.

1. AlmaRage Win User

Deleted Network Adapter

After a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on the list for network devices in the device manager and so I cannot, update, uninstall or reinstall. Also, I have no appropriate restore point to allow me to rollback the update. Any advice on how to get my wifi back would be appreciated.

:)

AlmaRage, Jul 31, 2021

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 31, 2021
  3. No network connection available after deleting network adapters

Following things did not help solving this problem:

• Deleting network adapters and rebooting to re-install them
    • Upgrading network adapters' drivers
    • Deleting all information about network adapters in Registry
    • Recovering damaged system files via sfc /scannow
    • Clearing DNS and IP configurations

Reintsalling Windows solved the problem. My advice for you is to always have an USB with Windows image.

KirusLight, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Deleted Network Adapter

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Deleted Network Adapter

1. Deleted Network Adapter - Similar Threads - Deleted Network Adapter

2. How to completely delete my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely delete my network adapter?: This is going to be a very specific thing and I hope someone can help me without reinstalling windows.In ncpa.cpl, I renamed my network adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.30 to "First Ethernet", a while back.Now, the name seems to be...
  3. Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete network adapter bridge using PowerShell: Hi,I must suppress not disable an adapter bridge between the WiFi and the Ethernet for our PC fleet. Is-it possible to do this using PowerShell script? And what are PowerShell commands to use? I have over 300 units to apply this change and I don't want to do this one by one...
  4. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  5. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  6. Deleted network adapters after network reset

7. I accidentally deleted Network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally deleted Network adapter: I accidentally deleted Network adapters LAN and WiFi please help im on windows 10 (yes i am an idiot) been like this scene January provided images on my 8.1 laptop:https://imgur.com/C60kbNY on my 10 tower :https://imgur.com/Cu8n5at submitted by /u/amzeggio [link]...
  8. Deleted network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted network adapter: My Wi-Fi adapter stopped responding about a day or two ago so I went online to find out how to fix it. I came across an HP help YouTube video (I'm using an HP desktop) that instructed me to delete the adapter software, click the Actions button, then "Scan for hardware...
  9. Wireless network adapter gets deleted

Wireless network adapter gets deleted: Windows 10 keeps deleting wireless network adapter on my Asus X540LA. This issue gets me mad because I need to set up it again and again. Please is there any fix to set it up forever?...
  10. Win 10 Is Deleting My Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Is Deleting My Network Adapter: I have a homebuilt with a GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.0 motherboard running an Intel 17-920 The network adapter on the motherboard is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. It's running driver version 9.1.401.2015 (dated 4/1/2015). It was a stable setup under Win 7. When...