Windows 10: Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?

Discus and support Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Was alarmed to find this evening that even though onedrive was uninstalled from my PC the second I ran windows for the first time, ther eis actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GarethIrwin1, May 25, 2020.

1. Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?

Was alarmed to find this evening that even though onedrive was uninstalled from my PC the second I ran windows for the first time, ther eis actually gigabites of data in a one drive folder in my home folder.

Naturally I deleted them, thats why I uninstalled onedrive.

Now in the quick access I cannot select home or documents, because it moans those locations are in onedrive,

What sort of nonsense is that? I never asked for that and certainly never wanted onedrive storing **** from my desktop in the cloud.

How do I fix the quick access to go to my actual desktop, not onedrives faux desktop?

:)

GarethIrwin1, May 25, 2020
  2. Joe Men Win User

Lumia 950 showing complete contents of OneDrive

Deleting the files from the OneDrive app will delete them from the OneDrive servers as well.

The said app works differently form a PC wherein you can choose the folders that you want to sync. Using the said app for Windows Mobile will always display all the contents of your account.

You can help Windows Mobile better by submitting a suggestion or feature request about the Windows and Apps.

Follow the steps below to submit a feature request about the mentioned app:

• Launch OneDrive.
    • Tap the Ellipsis [ . . . ] button on the lower right part of the screen.
    • Tap Give feedback.
    • Under the What would you like to send? drop down menu, select
      Suggest an idea.
    • Type in your suggestion in the Include a message text box.
    • Once you're done with the message, tap on the Check
      mark
      located at the bottom right of the screen.
    Thank you.

Joe Men, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 25, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?

1. Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop? - Similar Threads - Deleted onedrive content

2. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  3. Deleted Desktop through OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Desktop through OneDrive: Hello, I have disabled OneDrive backups for about a year now due to issues opening files - because of this when I got around to clearing up space on my drive several days ago I deleted the C:\Users\<My user account>\OneDrive directory from my PC. After I did, I saw that my...
  4. Deleted Content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Content: This Discussion got deleted! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-content/51ba5d35-5b76-4682-b94e-07582985c18a
  5. OneDrive: Lost desktop icons, now in OneDrive

OneDrive: Lost desktop icons, now in OneDrive: Windows 10 Pro Synched my Desktop to OneDrive now all my laptop icons are gone into OneDrive. I'd like to keep my desktop populated with all my files, etc. and also synched to OneDrive. How an I do this. Thanks 170837
  6. [Content Deleted]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Content Deleted]: [Deleted] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/content-deleted/22fa2081-21ba-4c24-9674-ffcd2a609457
  7. can't delete link on onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't delete link on onedrive desktop: I have a link to MS Edge on my desktop that I can't delete. When I click on it, nothing happens. When I try to delete it, I get a pop-up talking about error code 0x80070780. There is another Edge shortcut that works fine. The broken one is located in my personal Onedrive...
  8. OneDrive can I delete desktop

OneDrive can I delete desktop: I have two W10 laptops both version 1909 and I use OneDrive. Is there a way to de-synch my desktop. In other words, there are files I want on one desktop, but not on the other. Note: right-clicking the file and choosing to keep on this device does not do the trick. If I...
  9. Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?: I have a "Desktop" folder in my OneDrive folder and some others. I am on Windows 10. It doesn't indicate it is a shortcut but when I open it is the same as my actual desktop folder/desktop. I need to remove it from my OneDrive etc - is it safe to just delete it? Thanks...
  10. I have lost the contents of my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2