Windows 10: Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?

Discus and support Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my efforts to fix my previous problem, I resorted to a fresh install of Windows 10. I have two drives - one is an SSD on which I installed only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlbertHung1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?

In my efforts to fix my previous problem, I resorted to a fresh install of Windows 10. I have two drives - one is an SSD on which I installed only Windows-related files, and the other is a 500gb traditional hard drive on which everything else was installed. It was during the install of Windows, through the Windows Media Creation Tool method (created installation media onto USB, booted from that USB) that I got to the step where I was to format the disk(s) for a fresh install. Forgetting that both the SSD and HDD were both still installed, I'm 99% sure that I removed a partition on the HDD by mistake.

Now, the HDD shows up as a Disk Drive in Device Manager, but it doesn't show up in File Manager. It shows up as Disk 1 in Disk Management, but as 465gb of unallocated space and with no option to assign a drive letter - the only options in Disk Management are Convert to GPT, Convert to Dynamic Disk, and to create a New Simple Volume.

The only things I've done so far as scan the drive for lost partitions and recoverable data, but I haven't actually recovered any of the data or tried to recover the partitions yet. And since its not mounted or accessible I haven't overwritten anything (I think), and I haven't formatted or done any converting.

I'm able to see (probably) all the files on the HDD through freeware/trialware tools like Easeus, but I don't have enough space on my SSD to recover them all to. Ideally, I could restore the partition and just mount it back as a normal drive. Is that possible?

At the moment, I'm running a deep analysis with TestDisk but I'm a bit afraid to do anything more since I'm not 100% comfortable with cmd prompt stuff. TIA.

:)

AlbertHung1, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 15, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within?

1. Deleted Partition on HDD - How do I restore it, and the data within? - Similar Threads - Deleted Partition HDD

2. How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?: How do I restore login information, local browser cache etc. that was deleted by CCleaner? Recuva seems to show files that can be restored, but how do I use them?...
  3. How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?: How do I restore login information, local browser cache etc. that was deleted by CCleaner? Recuva seems to show files that can be restored, but how do I use them?...
  4. How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i restore data on a wiped partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i restore data on a wiped partition?: after doing a restore, my second partition on this drive has been wiped. how do i get the data back on the partition with free software? submitted by /u/anaggrivatedturtle [link] [comments]...
  6. Permanent deletion of data on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanent deletion of data on HDD: Hi all, I know that there are many threads on the Web how to delete data on HDD for ever, so that it's safe to be sold in case of personal information previously stored on it. I just happened to create a thread here because to me you're the best on PCs and also wanted to...
  7. Restore data to new partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore data to new partition: I have a new laptop with two partitions, one C: (ssd) for programfiles and and one A: (trad. harddisk). I want to install the data from my old computer C: but there is no way of choosing A: using restore with "History file". I have the backup on a external hard disk. What...
  8. intergation data partition in HDD into ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intergation data partition in HDD into ssd: After migrating the system and OS +programs from HDD to SSD, I am left with the choice of either keeping the Data Files ( < 5Gb) that I had in the HDD as a separate partition in the SSD or integrate it into the c drive in one large partition . If I want to integrate it with...
  9. how to restore deleted recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to restore deleted recovery partition?: I recently created a Recovery USB drive. After it was done I said yes to "delete recovery partition". I now find I have a new F drive of about 10 gig on my hard drive. Can anyone please advise me what happened here, and can I do anything about it. I am NOT a guru but can...
  10. Delete OS Partition on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete OS Partition on HDD: Hi so tomorrow I'm going to change my OS from an HDD to an SSD. Thing is that I want to use my HDD that I'm replacing as back up storage and I heard you can keep your info from the old HDD without having to format it, but you can delete the OS partition of the drive. Anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recover lost partition windows 10