Windows 10: Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop

Discus and support Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have already deleted a pdf file, however the cached file still appears on my desktop. I can open the file via the graphic interface but not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kaisernj, May 24, 2021.

1. kaisernj Win User

Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop

I have already deleted a pdf file, however the cached file still appears on my desktop. I can open the file via the graphic interface but not in command prompt. I've tried the following steps:- sfc /scannow in command prompt- del filename in command prompt- shift + delete- deleting the file in safe mode- using the Micro

:)

kaisernj, May 24, 2021

2. can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1:
    Turn off Preview pane in Windows Explorer

1. Open File Explorer, Click on View tab.

2. Click on Preview option to hide or close
    3. Click on Desktop from the Navigation pane. Then try deleting the file.

Step 2: Check the default PDF application

1. Press Windows + I key to launch Windows Settings.

2. Click on Apps and select Default apps from the left pane.

3. Now scroll down and click on Choose default apps by file type.

4. Scroll and look for .pdf, .pdxml, and .pdx file type, then click on the + sign to change it to Edge.
    5. Then close Settings and try
      deleting the file.

Step 3: If the default app for PDF is Adobe Reader.

1. Open Adobe Reader. Go to Edit.

2. Choose Preferences.

3. From the Categories on the left, select Security (Enhanced).

4. Uncheck the Enable Enhanced Security option.
    5. Try
      deleting the file

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop

Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop

1. Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop - Similar Threads - Deleted PDF still

2. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  3. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  4. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop

Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  6. Deleted folder still showing on desktop

Deleted folder still showing on desktop: I seem to have this problem frequently. I delete a folder from my desktop, and it vanishes as expected. Then, some time later perhaps after the computer has been locked or gone to sleep I find the same folder or folders back on the desktop. Attempting to delete the folder...
  7. Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen: My gf has a really bizarre bug on her windows 10. Basically when she deletes a file/folder in her desktop, the icon of the file remains appearing but not selectable like an image on top of the screen, we checked that the files indeed go to the recycle bin....
  8. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop: I have tried the following: -Restarting my computer -Turning off the preview pane -Pressing shift+delete -Punching my screen -Snapping my fingers -Wiggling my nose -Putting tape on the screen to cover the file -Yelling at my computer -Closing my eyes -Calling my IT...
  9. Deleted User Still Showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  10. Deleted User Still Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198