Windows 10: Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync

Discus and support Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I spent a lot of time going through thousands of pictures and deleting half of them. They were all on my offline Laptop OneDrive, sync was paused and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nico Zingerle, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync

I spent a lot of time going through thousands of pictures and deleting half of them. They were all on my offline Laptop OneDrive, sync was paused and battery saving mode activated. When I was done I deactivated the battery saving mode, OneDrive started synchronising and suddenly all the pictures I deleted in the last few days were there again! No folder history was displayed and I couldn't find any option in the sync settings...

Can someone please help me?

:)

Nico Zingerle, Oct 12, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. restore deleted photos

HTC M7, Sorry to hear that your pictures cannot be found.

If photos do not appear on the phone, then check the settings within Zune software to check Pictures & Video settings. You can see the location where pictures might have been saved before they were deleted.

• To check this, in Zune Software after logging in and connecting phone.
    • Visit Settings>Phone>Pictures & Videos

Here you will find if --Import Settings-- Have been set to=Delete pictures and videos from my phone AFTER copying them to my computer. IF this option was selected, then the section right below will display where your pictures will end up during a sync.
    Also, on that screen you will find an option at the bottom of the screen which explains that you have the option to upload automatically to photos.live.com.

• Click on the "View settings" to check if this was setup.
    For any pictures in the Zune picture collection that existed before this sync - one option maybe to use Restore. Your details mention the recent phone pictures never made it to your Zune collection. However, you do not mention if any pictures existed before
    in collection.

• You can find Restore in the Zune software from:

Settings>Software>Collection> locate Restore section
    • Restore media previously removed from your collection. This doesn't restore things that have been deleted from your computer.
    Hope this helps, Chris M.

Chris M. - WP7 Support, Oct 12, 2019
  4. rBose Win User

Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync

Account Picture not synced

Good evening folks, I've reinstalled W10 Pro x64 2 days ago and ergh.. my Microsoft Account picture just doesn't want to get synced, I checked the settings and although I didn't change anything, the pic still doesnt want to sync.

I went to Microsoft Account and edited the pic a bit, cropped it to see if it syncs this time but nope..

Any ideas, suggestions ?

rBose, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync

1. Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync - Similar Threads - Deleted pictures unwantedly

2. accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures: i was showing my wife how to delete and un delete(restore) folders on my pc and right click deleted the pictures folder in my user files. then went straight to the recycle bin and right clicked restore and then went to user files and low and behold the pictures folder was...
  3. restore pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore pictures: lost pictures after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-pictures/789db85b-ac88-40ae-ae5b-5c823c36c2bd
  4. restoring windows after deleting it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    restoring windows after deleting it.: so I have this machine, I installed Linux on it and removed windows 10, is there anyway to get back my Windows or is it gone forever? the machine was brand new the windows came installed in it. thanks. submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments]...
  5. restore deleted pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore deleted pictures: unable to restore delete pictures any helpers out there ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-deleted-pictures/ed0b2007-c48b-4d70-994e-c89abe1b7efa
  6. Restoring Pictures after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring Pictures after reset: I was encountering numerous blue screens today so I reset my drive with windows on it. In my haste I forgot to back up my photos and have since deleted them however, I have been using "Piriform Recuva" and it shows all my previous photos but when I try to open the restored...
  7. Delete unwanted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete unwanted files: I have a long history of many files of one subject that I would like to clean up. I have done a search and get a long list of resulting files. Opening a file on this list to determine current relevancy results in a search redo of the list. How can I save the original...
  8. restoring deleted pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    restoring deleted pictures: how to restore deleted pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-deleted-pictures/367a3716-fbc7-4d80-b25d-74dc9555be67"
  9. Deleting unwanted items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....
  10. Unwanted Possible System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unwanted Possible System Restore: When I logged in today my system it took longer to load than usual and then the start screen looks like I just started with W10. I lost all favs and picked up this movable blue image on the right side of the monitor. This image has a percentage number inside and a search...