Windows 10: Deleted printer driver

Discus and support Deleted printer driver in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think i may have deleted my printer driver when attempting to delete a printer. I have tried restarting the computer but i still cant find i the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gareth Murphy1, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Deleted printer driver

I think i may have deleted my printer driver when attempting to delete a printer. I have tried restarting the computer but i still cant find i the driver on the computer . Is there a link to download

:)

Gareth Murphy1, Jun 8, 2022

2. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 8, 2022
  3. HP printer driver

Since it didn't work, we suggest that you delete the printer driver via Control Panel. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Go to Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Devices and Printers.
    • Highlight the printer that you want to remove.
    • Click on Printer server properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab.
    • Under Installed printer drivers, choose the name of the printer.
    • Click on Remove.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jun 8, 2022
  4. Deleted printer driver

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 8, 2022
Thema:

Deleted printer driver

1. Deleted printer driver - Similar Threads - Deleted printer driver

2. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.: I need to delete a printer driver package.windows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>select printer>removethenwindows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>print server properties>drivers>select driver>remove> remove driver and driver package>ok>yesresult: Failed to remove...
  3. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.: I need to delete a printer driver package.windows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>select printer>removethenwindows>settings>devices>printers&scanners>print server properties>drivers>select driver>remove> remove driver and driver package>ok>yesresult: Failed to remove...
  4. Need to delete printer driver package - will NOT delete.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer driver being deleted on 28th of the month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver being deleted on 28th of the month: I have a very strange issue where in a deployment of over 100 printers on the 28th of each month only the 28th, a number of the printers go offline. They can only be restored by powercycling the PC power cycling the printer does not work.Some of the printers have never gone...
  6. Deleted printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted printer driver: I think i may have deleted my printer driver when attempting to delete a printer. I have tried restarting the computer but i still cant find i the driver on the computer . Is there a link to download...
  7. Deleted printer driver

Deleted printer driver: I think i may have deleted my printer driver when attempting to delete a printer. I have tried restarting the computer but i still cant find i the driver on the computer . Is there a link to download...
  8. Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion: Why is it absolutely crucial for Microsoft to delete printer/scanner drivers with virtually every Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-driver-deletion/b67a274a-4979-464b-89ab-8034a7763be0
  9. Windows 10 update deleting printer drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update deleting printer drivers: I have two computers running Windows 10 OS. Every time Windows 10 does an update it deletes my printer drivers and I have to reinstall the printer. I have seen where someone else asked the same question but the response provided by Microsoft did not advise of a resolve on...
  10. Windows update deleted my printer driver

Windows update deleted my printer driver: The latest Windows 10 update apparently killed off the driver for my HP OfficeJet J4540 printer. When I tried to print the document, nothing showed on the window except the FAX and PDF programs which I never use. When I went to the control panel and clicked on the printer...