Windows 10: Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations

Discus and support Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In our home LAN we just reconfigured so that the HP 400 laser printer is now installed and shared from my wife's system. Before, the printer was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Dec 9, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations

In our home LAN we just reconfigured so that the HP 400 laser printer is now installed and shared from my wife's system. Before, the printer was installed and shared from my system. Both systems (and the others in the LAN) are running Win 10 64. However print operations now fail.

To do the reconfiguration, I first deleted all instances of the HP 400 laser printer on both systems. Then I plugged the USB cable into my wife's system and use the HP driver software to install the printer on her system. Then I shared out that printer, and I could print test pages from both systems.

However, even though I deleted the printer "HP LaserJet 400 M401 PCL 6 on APOLLO" printer using Windows Settings/Devices/Printers & Scanners, it always returns after a reboot.

Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations [​IMG]

After I encountered this problem, I uninstalled and then re-installed the HP driver several times.

Firefox's printer menu is screwed up also. Note the "Deleting" message for the "LaserJet" printer.

Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations [​IMG]

So what do I need to do to fix this issue? I'm comfortable hacking the registry. I just don't want to have to do a fresh Windows install.

:)

x509, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations

1. Deleted printer still shows up in Windows, prevents print operations - Similar Threads - Deleted printer still

2. Windows Defender Prevents Printing on HP Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Prevents Printing on HP Printer: We have a HP LaserJet model # P1505n printer. Our older computer running Window 10 worked fine. We are using a recently purchased Alienware computer with Windows 11. Windows Defender is blocking the printer from printing. The print job stays in the print que and will not...
  3. Windows Defender Prevents Printing on HP Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Prevents Printing on HP Printer: We have a HP LaserJet model # P1505n printer. Our older computer running Window 10 worked fine. We are using a recently purchased Alienware computer with Windows 11. Windows Defender is blocking the printer from printing. The print job stays in the print que and will not...
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  5. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  6. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

7. WiFi Printer Prints Documents, But Then Shows "Error" with Document Still in Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Printer Prints Documents, But Then Shows "Error" with Document Still in Queue: New HP Pavilion PC with Windows 11, and have been printing without a problem to my HP Envy 110 WiFi printer since I set up Office a few weeks ago. Now troubleshooting a problem with scanning, I notice that the print cue never cancels the document once it prints, and in...
  8. WiFi Printer Prints Documents, But Then Shows "Error" with Document Still in Queue

WiFi Printer Prints Documents, But Then Shows "Error" with Document Still in Queue: New HP Pavilion PC with Windows 11, and have been printing without a problem to my HP Envy 110 WiFi printer since I set up Office a few weeks ago. Now troubleshooting a problem with scanning, I notice that the print cue never cancels the document once it prints, and in...
  9. windows 10 update prevents printer from operating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 update prevents printer from operating: I bought a new computer in December 2019 with windows 10. I was told that Windows 7 would no longer have support after January 1, 2020. Transferred everything from old computer to new computer, and hooked up 6 month old printer. Printer has been working fine until last...
  10. Printer not showing up when i try to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not showing up when i try to print: Hi im a systemadministrator at my job but I have one user that when he tries to print the printerselectionscreen will popup but it will be empty no printers. On other systems the printers will be in the printerselectionscreen, but on his system not. I haven't tried to load...