Windows 10: Deleted recovery how to get back or fix

Discus and support Deleted recovery how to get back or fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my recovery partition my main disk is in bitlocker. I can't figure out how to fix windows without formating and I'm here begging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slash32487, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Deleted recovery how to get back or fix

I accidentally deleted my recovery partition my main disk is in bitlocker. I can't figure out how to fix windows without formating and I'm here begging to see if there is a way to recover or fix my drive. I have my bitlocker key. I have accessed it on ubuntu and can transfer it to the cloud and start from scratch I was just hoping I could figure out how to fix it before I did that

:)

Slash32487, Jul 30, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

Troubleshooting Guide​

1. Q: So you have broken your boot loader and need to know how to boot into windows?

A: If you are reading this you are probably looking at a black screen with alot of white letters and a stop code saying a file is missing. Good news no need to panic.
    • The issue is that easyBCD has probably deleted your boot loader or you were experimenting and F**d up.
    • To get this back I'm going to assume you made the recovery partition exactly how it was done in movie
    • To fix your PC restart the computer and enter your boot menu (usually F10-F12 depending on pc) select the physical harddrive the recovery partition is on.
    • You should now start booting the windows 7 installer. when you arrive at the main menu in the bottom left hand corner click "repair your computer" It will automatically scan and attempt to fix your problem. It should auto detect that the boot drive location is wrong.
    • Simply agree with the prompt and press "fix/restart" not cancel. At your next boot you should be happily at your desktop.
    • Now open easyBCD and fix the menu so it looks like the videos, or try your experiment again.
    Faqs​

• easyBCD (used for modifying the windows 7 and other windows OSs bootloader): Link
    • camstudio (free open source desktop recorder): CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software
    • This method can be used with any OS.
    • easyBCD has a hard time loading some ISO images on some machines. You may need to change how the ISO is handled or try a different method. Linux Distributions suffer from this the most.
    Note: I have broken my system on purpose in multiple ways at your expense to teach you how to repair issues that may arise.​

Solaris17, Jul 30, 2020
  4. trickson Win User

Deleted recovery how to get back or fix

Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Deleted recovery how to get back or fix

1. Deleted recovery how to get back or fix - Similar Threads - Deleted recovery fix

2. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  3. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  4. How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?: I tried to restore my registry values with a registry backup file. After Restoring , It Showed An Error Message "Cannot get access to some registry files". After that my registry become corrupted. My Problem Is That Windows File Explorer UI Got Changed & Intel Graphics...
  5. How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?: I tried to restore my registry values with a registry backup file. After Restoring , It Showed An Error Message "Cannot get access to some registry files". After that my registry become corrupted. My Problem Is That Windows File Explorer UI Got Changed & Intel Graphics...
  6. How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to get it back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get it back: So I had the free version of windows 10 from years ago and my computer was running slow, and with nothing I wanted on it, I factory reset. Now I’m on windows 7 and can’t open any websites, is there a way I can fix this submitted by /u/Naive_Lettuce_3494 [link] [comments]...
  8. deleted bluetooth cant get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleted bluetooth cant get it back: I deleted bluetooth on my PC in device management to try and troubleshoot why my Bluetooth wan't showing up. I cant get it back. help : I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and I'm on MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard...
  9. Deleting recovery partition - how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting recovery partition - how?: I've prepared the recovery USB drive - how do I now delete the recovery partition on my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-recovery-partition-how/0d943c1b-93d5-4310-8350-c995f1609505
  10. Deleted settings and can't get it back.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted settings and can't get it back.: I somehow deleted the settings app from my Windows 10 laptop and I can't think of a way to get it back. Can someone please reply with a solution....