Windows 10: Deleted Spotlight image still appearing

Discus and support Deleted Spotlight image still appearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've changed the Lock Screen Background setting to Slideshow & have chosen my own folder w/images to use. I also deleted ALL Lock Screen Background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJW, Oct 4, 2019.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Deleted Spotlight image still appearing

I've changed the Lock Screen Background setting to Slideshow & have chosen my own folder w/images to use.
    I also deleted ALL Lock Screen Background images that Windows saves to the computer under:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

But for some reason, this 1 Windows image still always shows. Anyone know why this is?

:)

2. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows Spotlight image stuck

Hi Robin,

Windows Spotlight frequently changes the photos using
    Bing
    to provide an image-of-the-day giving everyone a fresher look every time they access their computers. This feature is dependent on the Internet connection and without it, you won’t be able to get yourself that special nature scenery.

Furthermore, we suggest following the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands (Wait for the process to finish before proceeding to the next steps.):
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, click Enter.
      • Sfc /scannow, click Enter.
      • Powershell, click Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
        then click Enter.
      • Restart the computer after the process.
    Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleted Spotlight image still appearing - Similar Threads - Deleted Spotlight image

2. Spotlight option not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight option not appearing: I have just installed Windows 11 22H2, replacing a 22H1 system. The Spotlight option for the Lock or Background screens has disappeared. I have tried the various remedies for re-enablement, all without success. Please note that Edge is NOT my default browser. Any help is very...
  3. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Device still appeared after deletion: Hi, I have an issue with device removing at https://account.microsoft.com/devicesThere were 2 devices in my Microsoft account: 1. my primary laptop, and 2. A secondhand laptop sold outI deleted/removed the second laptop, but it still appeared on my Devices page on the next...
  4. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device still appeared after deletion: Hi, I have an issue with device removing at https://account.microsoft.com/devicesThere were 2 devices in my Microsoft account: 1. my primary laptop, and 2. A secondhand laptop sold outI deleted/removed the second laptop, but it still appeared on my Devices page on the next...
  5. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  7. Windows Spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  8. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  9. Deleted Folders still Appear?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Folders still Appear?: Hello, When working with files and folders, I often need to cut/copy/paste both files and folders. When I move something it remains where I moved it from. Even if I collapse the folder above the folder/file in question then expand it again it is still there. I have to...
  10. Windows Spotlight images suddenly stopped appearing on login screen

Windows Spotlight images suddenly stopped appearing on login screen: All those nice scenic Windows Spotlight images used to always appear when I turned on my computer and logged on. I have noticed over the last couple days that now one of the stock Windows login screen appears instead. My setting is set to use Spotlight images. When I...