Windows 10: Deleted SSD partition

Discus and support Deleted SSD partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was originally running Windows 10 on a Dell machine with a HDD and SSD in RAID 0 configuration. I have inadvertantly deleted the SSD partition when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshProidlove, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Deleted SSD partition

I was originally running Windows 10 on a Dell machine with a HDD and SSD in RAID 0 configuration. I have inadvertantly deleted the SSD partition when doing a Windows 10 re-install. Can anyone advise how to restore the RAID 0 setup and get the SSD partition back? The SSD is visible in BIOS but not in Device Manager/Disk Management.

:)

JoshProidlove, Nov 12, 2019
  2. HLL_544 Win User

Saving free space on SSD (Regarding multiple obligatory partitions on main drive)

Gerry Here just copy-paste some irrelevant response.

Well, **I've figured it out**. Here my solution (I Take no responsibility from any damage that might arise from this process, and I do not guarantee it to work for u.)

We'll assume u have 2 disks; SSD and HDD.

Also NOTE: I Work in a GPT-Disk partitioning scheme, I don't know if it's applicable on dos-style MBR partitioning.

General-methodology wich we are going to work with (or TL;DR).

• Delete all partitions on all drive
    • Install Windows on the HDD Drive
    • Install Windows on the SSD Drive (yes, twice!)
    • Repartition the HDD to free up and reallocate as we wish (The only parition that HAVE to be there is the EUFI System (Fat) )
    • After freeing up HDD space, move user folder to the HDD
    • PROFIT
    And in more detail:

THIS GUIDE ASSUME THIS IS A FRESH PC - THAT U DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING U NEED ON EITHER DISKS.

* - Asterisk, not a real step, just additional information

• Boot into windows 10 installation
    • Clear ALL partitions on BOTH drives
    • Let windows install itself onto the HDD, We'll call this installation win-hdd
      • There is no need to actually boot into this OS.
    • Boot into windows 10 installation
    • Let windows install itself onto the SSD. We'll call this installation win-ssd
      • *What would happen now, Is that windows detects the recovery and eufi partitions and does not need to create such additional partitions on your ssd. It would only create a 16MB windows reserved partition.
      • *Your boot partition would be hdd/eufi; But since windows detect it's own bootloader it would allow you to duel-boot between win-hdd and win-ssd(default)
    • Optional: During windows-ssd first run wizard switch to audit mode (CTRL+SHIFT+F3)
      • *We would use audit mode to:
        • * Optional1: Repartition hdd
        • * Optional2: Change "Users" folder to the hdd.
        • * If u do not want to move Users folder, u can do 6.2 After win-ssd fully boots instead
      • Repartition hdd & move Users folder:
        • Using a 3rd party tool such as "MiniTool Partition Wizard" you can do the fallowing *as you wish*:
          • Delete win-hdd partition
          • Delete recovery-hdd partition
          • Delete windows reserved (16 mb) partition.
          • You can also later move the EUFI to the start of the hdd disk, if needed
          • Create new partition (free to use) on hdd.
          • Make sure to properly assign drive letters to all drive as u wish
          • Fallow
            this guide
            to relocate the User folder (Starting from Step 2)
    • Boot into windows-ssd; If u do not know which one (int the OS selection screen) It's safe to assume that the automatically-selected one is the win-ssd.
    • If u have not performed 6.2 Yet, this is the time to do that now.
    GLHF.

HLL_544, Nov 12, 2019
  3. VBX
    vbx Win User
    Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

4. Melvis Win User

Deleted SSD partition

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Deleted SSD partition

1. Deleted SSD partition - Similar Threads - Deleted SSD partition

2. Missing space on SSD after deleting all partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing space on SSD after deleting all partitions: I wanted to erase an SSD and used Disk Management to delete the partitions. But now I have one unallocated space of 112gb but the SSD is 500gb. I have tried a variety of tools and commands but cannot get back to full capacity. I even downloaded a tool from the manufacturer...
  3. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition: My Intel NUC 5i5RYH comes with 128GB M.2 SATA.I partitioned into two.Now I wish to combine back into a single partition.Unfortunately, the 2nd partition does not follows the 1st partition. There is another partition in between.The partition in between is called Recovery...
  4. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Partition: My Intel NUC 5i5RYH comes with 128GB M.2 SATA.I partitioned into two.Now I wish to combine back into a single partition.Unfortunately, the 2nd partition does not follows the 1st partition. There is another partition in between.The partition in between is called Recovery...
  5. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Deleted Windows Partitions on SSD and now unable to recognize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Windows Partitions on SSD and now unable to recognize: I'm building a new PC and was in the process of installing Win10 on 1 of my SSDs. After some research i rebooted PCnot fully installed yet, and started to install on a different SSD. Initially i received an error and at the 2nd attempt I deleted the partitions on the 1st SSD....
  7. SSD partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD partitions: Can I partition the M2 SSD into two partitions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-partitions/81aa398d-1518-4730-a1de-daa9006c1711
  8. partitions on ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    partitions on ssd: i have ssd 120 gb and i want to install windows 10 so i am wondering if ssd can be divided into 2 partitions and if it could be 1 and how many other partitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partitions-on-ssd/cddf9b3a-ae20-4cb2-9f08-1ea070f65fc1
  9. SSD partitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD partitioning: I just installed a Samsung 860 evo 500gb SSD on my OLD laptop My question is :::: Q. Can I make a separate partition on my SSD to store only files , photos, videos etc.. Q. Do I need paging file (I have 12 gb of ram and only 40% of it is usually used ). Q. How huge...
  10. Partitioning an SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partitioning an SSD: Hi, My new Huawei Matebook x pro has come with a 512 GB SSD storage. In my previous laptop (having an HDD), I was using two logical partitions other than the OS Primary partition for storing my personal data for two reasons: 1) In case the OS gets corrupted or requires a...