Windows 10: Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing

Discus and support Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 17763, and a while ago I had this problem with my lock screen background image, the problem was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BTZ45, Dec 27, 2019.

1. BTZ45 Win User

Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing

Hello everyone,
    I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 17763, and a while ago I had this problem with my lock screen background image, the problem was that even though I had enforced a specific jpg file even in the Gpedit.msc, it sometimes kept reverting back to a sea side/sea/mountain win10 default lock screen(you probably know the one I am talking about). Then I decided to go hardcore on it, and tried to find where lock screen image is actually located, and when I found "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData" and I saw that default image in it I decided to remove it, and then I set the lock screen image to the one I really liked.

Now the problem is that now I only get a blue background on my lock screen.
    I even tried to make all "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-18\ReadOnly\LockScreen_X" (replace X with the alphabets like A,B,C,...) like 26 folders under S-1-5-18 folder, but my lock screen background is still a sky-blue one, and I can not set image background for it.

Can someone help me get back my lock screen background image?

Thank you everyone

:)

BTZ45, Dec 27, 2019
  2. msadiq987 Win User

SystemData folder, Can't set this one as lock screen image

The issue still persists even after creating a new admin account. I only deleted the SystemData folder following steps to fix the grey loading screen problem from this post.
    However the SystemData folder did not recreate istelf and the registry key did not re-populate.

msadiq987, Dec 27, 2019
  3. tracit99 Win User
    Restore the Default Lock Screen

Finally found a solution that works for now. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData.. (You will have to TakeOwnership of SystemData to open it) Delete all folders inside SystemData. Logoff/Logon. You should now see the sea cave image as the Default Lock Screen. Lastly from within Windows 10 press Win+L to lock your system. You should now see the User Lock Screen that is set from Settings>Personalization>Lock screen. I believe that Windows spotlight is selected by default.

tracit99, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing

Can't change lock screen image. Windows 10

Nicolas Brunetti, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing

1. Deleted stuff in "SystemData" & now lock screen BG image not showing - Similar Threads - Deleted stuff SystemData

2. Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.: Hello everyone. I have no idea when it happened, but I noticed that my lock screen after restarting is on default always. When I restart my laptop, I see my lock screen wallpaper, but it immediately changes back to default wallpaper with blue swirls smoothly. How can I fix...
  3. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image not showing on Lock Screen: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19044.1526, When the app sets a custom image for the lock screen it does not shows the image instead shows only colour.But if I manually set any picture or from the spotlight it shows perfectly.I am using Daily Desktop Wallpaper app from the...
  4. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not showing on Lock Screen: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19044.1526, When the app sets a custom image for the lock screen it does not shows the image instead shows only colour.But if I manually set any picture or from the spotlight it shows perfectly.I am using Daily Desktop Wallpaper app from the...
  5. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  7. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  8. Windows Lock Screen didn't show my Lock Screen Image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Lock Screen didn't show my Lock Screen Image: Hello. I need help with this thing. This thing happens sometimes. I just got Windows sign-in Text that like a window but the thing is I didn't set the background like this. When I press any key on the keyboard or click the mouse. The screen becomes black and can't do...
  9. Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen: When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and there is just a blue background. I also noticed that I don't have the 'Show Lock Screen background picture on Login Screen...
  10. Lock screen showing comments now?

Lock screen showing comments now?: My lock screen, with Windows Spotlight - that changing screen that shows up before you log on to Windows, and asks "Do you like what you see?" - is now showing random comments on the screen... I have no idea where these are coming from. They look like social-media-type...