Windows 10: Deleted/Substituted graphic driver after upgrade1803

Discus and support Deleted/Substituted graphic driver after upgrade1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Studio 1747 Laptop with 17" screen, Intel I7 and16GB system memory, dating back to 2010. A couple of years ago I upgraded it to a 500 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesBRUCE, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Deleted/Substituted graphic driver after upgrade1803

I have a Dell Studio 1747 Laptop with 17" screen, Intel I7 and16GB system memory, dating back to 2010. A couple of years ago I upgraded it to a 500 GB SSD system drive and It now runs Windows 10 quite fast and I successfully use the Adobe Photoshop CC to edit my Photos.

During a recent Windows upgrade the AMD Graphics or display driver was overwritten by a Microsoft driver and now has a maximum of 1152 x 864 resolution. It runs ok but is way below my original resolution and makes editing photos a major to impossible problem.

Can anyone suggest how I can get back my previously installed driver. AMD does not appear to support my poor old laptop and does not supply a driver.

1) Is it possible to revert back to a previous version of Windows 10? If so, How?

2) Can I find the driver in the old Windows that is left behind after the update? and if so, what file would I look for?

3) Any other ideas? At 77 I am not the most proficiently competent computer user and could really use some help.

Thank you all in advance.

:)

CharlesBRUCE, Dec 9, 2018

2. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 9, 2018
  3. AMD graphic driver not working

Hi Kamal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The error message you are getting is probably due to some corruption in the Display driver files. I suggest you to try the steps provided in the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

We recommend you to download the drivers from the section manually select drivers, from this link :

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Go to the link under the section Manually select drivers put the graphics card information and select the Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit .

Now uninstall the currently installed AMD card drivers an install the downloaded one.

Method 1 : Uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturers website.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be a some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Deleted/Substituted graphic driver after upgrade1803

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Deleted/Substituted graphic driver after upgrade1803

1. Deleted/Substituted graphic driver after upgrade1803 - Similar Threads - Deleted Substituted graphic

2. Deleted my Intel Graphics Driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my Intel Graphics Driver.: So yeah, I have accidentally deleted my driver for that flickering problem in my computer, and I probably should've done it in safe mode or not, now it's just not loading "Preparing Automatic Repair" I left it for 1 hour, but it's still not loading. I need help....
  3. Deleted my Intel Graphics Driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted my Intel Graphics Driver.: So yeah, I have accidentally deleted my driver for that flickering problem in my computer, and I probably should've done it in safe mode or not, now it's just not loading "Preparing Automatic Repair" I left it for 1 hour, but it's still not loading. I need help....
  4. Deleted my Intel Graphics Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. graphics driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphics driver deleted: i accidentally deleted my graphics card driver and now after about 30 seconds of my pc running it gives me a blue screen what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-deleted/d640575e-09ad-4bf0-8cc5-386c97901596
  6. graphics driver deleted

graphics driver deleted: i accidentally deleted my graphics card driver and now after about 30 seconds of my pc running it gives me a blue screen what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-deleted/d640575e-09ad-4bf0-8cc5-386c97901596
  7. graphics driver deleted

8. Windows Update deletes AMD graphics drivers

Windows Update deletes AMD graphics drivers: Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 6 with a Ryzen 7 5700U CPU. I want to install AMD Radeon software to get the latest AMD graphics drivers. I am able to install the graphics drivers from AMD fine. However, once I do, Radeon software stops working since it says the driver is not...
  9. Accidently deleted my graphics driver

Accidently deleted my graphics driver: So I was one day trying to install a new updated driver for my AMD, but however I thought I was suppost to delete it and I did, Now I do not know how to get it back. I deleted the display driver by the way. Anything that I could do to get my graphics/ display driver back?...
  10. Accidenatally deleted Intel Graphics Driver

Accidenatally deleted Intel Graphics Driver: I was reinstalling my graphics card driver but then accidentally deleted my Intel Uhd 630 graphics driver. My laptop is L340 gaming laptop. The problem is, Lenovo doesn't allow me to install the original drivers from intel's website. Is there a way to download Lenovo's UHD...