Windows 10: Deleted system files

Discus and support Deleted system files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell latitude e6500 windows 10, i deleted a lot of dII, system32 and sysWOW64 files.. some for example are: mscoreei.exe, cmp.exe cmp.key, java and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xXMAZEMANXxarmstrong, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Deleted system files

Dell latitude e6500 windows 10, i deleted a lot of dII, system32 and sysWOW64 files.. some for example are: mscoreei.exe, cmp.exe cmp.key, java and all its files, explorer.exe, framework cant rememberthe file names, administrative settings, msconfig, legacy and UEFI files, and soo many more important files. I just can't remember all the names there were so many.. i could open chrome and browse, which i thought was odd.. i i was surprised i could even boot up the system after seing everything i uninstalled. i couldnt open any apps on my desktop or in my file explorer, also my settings told me i wasnt connected to the internet, even tho in my taskbar bottom right it showd me i was connected. I couldn't access update and security settings to reset, cant cant open task manager, cannot access any restore options, and i cant open an elevated command prompt nor can i open as administrator, i had administrative access to everything before, thats how i was even able to delete these files in the first place lol.. anyway i restored all the deleted files from my recycling bin but i dont have administrative rights to access the system32 folder or any important folders like that, is that why they didn't restore properly? I also have all my files backed up on my phone, aswell as an SD card thats in my laptop, but nothing is restoring properly, what should i do ??

:)

xXMAZEMANXxarmstrong, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 11, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Deleted system files

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Deleted system files

1. Deleted system files - Similar Threads - Deleted system files

2. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  3. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  4. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  6. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  7. Deleting a partition with System files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a partition with System files: I have a Samsung Evo 970 drive with a partition that contains systems files, I suppose from on ald installation. I tried to delete the partition with commands but I get an error roughly translated from spanish saying that it is no permitted on this type of files... I have...
  8. Deleting old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  9. Deleting system image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting system image file: Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I have no idea how to get around this any suggestions please. Windows 10 user#...
  10. system files to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system files to delete: There are 3 boxes that refer to Win 10 installation and when you try to delete them it says you will not be able to go back to your previous OS. It is substantial space as I believe one box contains something like x amount of GB's. I have imaged Win 10 so I think could...