Windows 10: Deleted SYSTEM privlages and now computer won't launch

Discus and support Deleted SYSTEM privlages and now computer won't launch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer prior to this had multiple accounts that were shown to have permission over my computer more and some were blocking me from deleting files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GabeMaki, Mar 20, 2019.

1. GabeMaki Win User

Deleted SYSTEM privlages and now computer won't launch

My computer prior to this had multiple accounts that were shown to have permission over my computer more and some were blocking me from deleting files like Adobe Reader even though I was listed as the Administer on the computer. Seeing this I proceeded to go into the settings and remove privileges on these other accounts and listed myself as the owner of the computer and the only one with permission over all folders. Somewhere far into this process an error came up and windows explorer froze and I entered ctr+alt+del and it said something along the lines of 'cannot ctrl+alt+delete try again later or hit the power switch" or something like that. Following this my computer refused to boot up to anything, not even safe mode.

I think it is related to removing privileges to the SYSTEM account but I don't know how to re-add that now that windows is inaccessible

I was able to get my computer to boot via an old Linux boot drive I have and I can see all my files are still there pretty much the same as how they were, but I don't really know what to do from here. In addition I lack my original windows as I have had this computer a long time and lost it. How do I recover/fix my windows not booting while being unable to launch windows?

:)

GabeMaki, Mar 20, 2019

2. Get Windows 10 App won´t launch

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. Finally after a lot of manual updates, my Get Windows 10 app is showing in the taskbar.

However, now when I left click it, right click Get Windows 10, right click Check your Update status, the app launches and immediately closes down again.

The options Go to Windows Update and Get to know Windows 10 do work.

Just the app won´t launch. Anyone ideas?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

JorisKurstjens, Mar 20, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Deleted SYSTEM privlages and now computer won't launch

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Deleted SYSTEM privlages and now computer won't launch

1. Deleted SYSTEM privlages and now computer won't launch - Similar Threads - Deleted SYSTEM privlages

2. I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...: I was downloading Proton VPN and accidentally set all the data to be downloaded to my desktop, now I need admin privileges to do basic tasks. I can do them since I'm the only administrator, but the pop-ups are annoying, anyone got a fix?...
  3. Deleted a certificate and now Windows won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted a certificate and now Windows won't load: Hi there, so a few days ago I started to get random freezes. I updated drivers, scanned viruses/malware, scanned for RAM/disk/Windows errors, and it still seems to happen.Tonight I remembered about the Event Viewer, and after checking right after a freeze happened, it always...
  4. Deleted some system folders. Now Windows won't boot

Deleted some system folders. Now Windows won't boot: Hello, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Would be glad if someone could help me out. I got a Windows Update about a week ago. Due to some circumstances I decided to uninstall the update today details aren't relevant here. However, it kept showing an error while trying to...
  5. Certain Executables Won't Launch and Glitches Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain Executables Won't Launch and Glitches Computer: Hello, recently I've been noticing that I've been unable to launch Steam and other apps, and when I try to do that it glitches my computer so I can't access anything or launch anything, so I have to use the manual power button. Here's what I've tried; -using regedit fix...
  6. Changed System domain. Now computer won't boot. Stuck at blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed System domain. Now computer won't boot. Stuck at blinking underscore: My laptop is associated with a domain from my previous workplace. I was told to follow the instructions in the link below by the It department. https://www.faqforge.com/windows/windows-10/unjoin-windows-10-domain/ I changed the name of the Machine, changed domain to...
  7. Computer update, and now won't login.

Computer update, and now won't login.: My computer wanted me to update windows as it wasn't going to be supported in November. After some time the computer gave me the login screen, after several attempts to login i was given the message of User login attempt failed. What can i do to fix it?...
  8. Computer crashed & now can not launch into windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed & now can not launch into windows 10: I've just started doing photo editing on my PC this past couple of weeks, more heavily than usual and slowly each day the PC seemed to run a bit slower than usual for example when i click save as copy on a photo it d take almost as long as a minute to complete the process,...
  9. my device deleted the driver and now won't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my device deleted the driver and now won't: the other day my device shut down then won't load pass the loading screen. i went to the device fixing thingy at the start loading screen. i tried using a USB flash drive but it didn't work. how do i fix it?...
  10. Administrator privlages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator privlages: Windows 10 won't let me do anything that requires administrator privileges, which also restricts my downloading to one folder in a small hard drive. I checked my account details and it says I am an admin. I have troubleshooted so much and I'm just about ready to factory reset...