Windows 10: Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

Discus and support Deleted System Restore Point recovery. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CallMeNathan, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's.

:)

CallMeNathan, Nov 24, 2021
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CDeleted System Restore Point recovery. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CDeleted System Restore Point recovery. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

I know of no easier way to delete them, so here are the instructions.

Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

A System Image restore point is describe as type 'Backup'.

Deleted System Restore Point recovery. [​IMG]

First, go to Settings > Backup & Restore > Recovery and select the 'Restart now' button in Advanced Start-up.

When you get Advanced Start-up, select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Command Prompt.

You will be asked to choose an administrator account and supply it's password, then the Command Prompt will open.

Type the commands DISKPART then LIST VOL and EXIT to see a list of all drives, in this example the Windows system is on the C: drive, yours may have a different letter. Whatever the letter is, type it followed by a colon to switch to that drive, in this example I typed C:

Then use the CD (change directory) command CD System Volume Information\WindowsImageBackup

Use the DIR command to check you are in the right folder, then use DEL to delete the contents of each of the Catalog and SPPMetadataCache folders.

Youn can now close the command prompt window (or type EXIT) to restart the PC and go back to Windows.

All System Image Restore points of type 'Backup' will now have gone.

4. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Have deleted system image backups using the windows 10 suggested method. But 2 system image rstore points are still listed under other backups. Have tried all the suggested methods on the net and from the microsoft community, but the system image restore
    points remain. Even after deleting all but the last normal restore points. I guess I can just ignore them. Would appreciate any advice as nothing seems to remove them.

Aquarius 2015, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

1. Deleted System Restore Point recovery. - Similar Threads - Deleted System Restore

2. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    are system restore points deleted automatically?: So 2 weeks ago I checked system restore out of curiosity and I had atleast like 5 restore points, I checked today and now I only have two, what happened?...
  3. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  4. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  5. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  6. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  7. System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point

System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point: Hello: System Restore did not completed successfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed. System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the Directory from the restore point. Source: %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps Destination: AppxStaging...
  8. System restore points automatically deleted?

System restore points automatically deleted?: In windows 10, are system restore points automaticaly deleted after days, weeks, months, or even years? Or would i have to delete the restore points (via disk cleanup utility) Your help is grealty appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!...
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...