Windows 10: Deleted Tags reappearing in Windows 10

Discus and support Deleted Tags reappearing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to eliminate some old tags associated with my photos. I go into properties; details and delete the ones I don't want and hit OK. The tags... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Holly A F, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Holly A F Win User

Deleted Tags reappearing in Windows 10

I am trying to eliminate some old tags associated with my photos. I go into properties; details and delete the ones I don't want and hit OK. The tags disappear and then minutes later reappear. How do I eliminate them for good?

:)

Holly A F, Sep 28, 2020

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Hi Mayzhin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may not be able to completely delete a file/ folder if it is being used. I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    resolve folder reappearing after deletion and check
    if it works.

You may also go through repair Windows file and folder
    problems
    and check.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted Tags reappearing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleted Tags reappearing

2. Registry key reappears after deletion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry key reappears after deletion: When in the Startup tab of Task Manager, I noticed 2 lines that were named 'update' and were for Microsoft Teams uninstalled.The address in the command line doesn't exist, so I tried to use Autoruns to delete them.Autoruns shows them in yellow, but when I try to delete them...
  3. Deleted folder reappears automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder reappears automatically.: Hi, One particular folder which is on my external hard disk reappears itself after I delete it. I even emptied the recycle bin, but the folder appears again. This happens to only that particular folder. I have deleted other files and folders but none of them reappear.Thank...
  4. Deleted photo reappeared and cannot be deleted

Deleted photo reappeared and cannot be deleted: I checked the photos app recently and saw that a photo I deleted I cleared the recycling bin after deletion as well has come back and if I try to delete it, it will not allow me, saying I do not have permission to delete them. In addition, I cannot go to the file location,...
  5. Deleted folder reappears on restart

Deleted folder reappears on restart: I have shift-deleted my Users folder on Drive D:. However, it reappears when I restart Windows 10. I am using the Users folder on my C: drive. I know it's gone. When I restart the folder isn't there but it does show up a minute or so later with the current date and time....
  6. edit or delete tags in windows10

edit or delete tags in windows10: Hi guys I'm trying to find the master list of tags used in pictures / music etc. I have quite a few misspelt ones that are being offered as suggestions. I need to edit or delete it completely from the master list. I don't want to have to go through every file. This must...
  7. Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted Microsost Account keeps reappearing on Windows 10 1903: Hi, I am having an issue, I deleted a Microsoft account from my Windows 10 PC however approx every 24 hours it reappears on my PC and i get a Popup to fix the account. When i remove again same thing happens. I have checked the registry and also net user only shows local...
  8. How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows

How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows: In Windows you can add tags (in Dutch 'labels') to your photos or videos. You can also remove them again, but they are (once created) also stored somewhere centrally. Also when you accidentely created wrong tags or want to change them later on, you can do that on the...
  9. Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting: Hi, I installed several Outlook productivity apps to try out, such as Boomerang. I now want to get rid of some of these so I Unistalled either from the Start button or from the Setting>Apps list. The Apps no longer appear in the Apps list but they appear on the Outlook...
  10. Suddenly reappear a deleted folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly reappear a deleted folder: Before one month, I just create a temporary folder to my desktop. I wanted to organise some files from a USB stick and after to moved it to my well-organized documents folder. When I finished this, I delete the desktop folder. After this moment, mainly after a reboot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Tags deleted reappear the next day