Windows 10: Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

Discus and support Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethBourque, Nov 8, 2018.

1. SethBourque Win User

Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than just format it. I noticed something peculiar and very distressing: when I deleted items from the app data folder on the old drive, it deleted the same items in the app data folder on my current drive (which has it's own installation for everything.) Is this intended? Is there some way to, I don't know, decouple them? All I know is it's going to take 4 hours to restore items, and hopefully I didn't break anything seriously. And yes, I'm 100% certain, and checked many times in horror, that I deleted items in my D: drives appdata folder and that in turn removed appdata items from my C: I can confirm on restore from the recycling bin that the appdata items were restored to BOTH appdata folders.

:)

SethBourque, Nov 8, 2018
  2. oli_ramsay Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 8, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 8, 2018
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Upgrading my data drive HDD

I am not the one actually set it up for me I had geek squad do it for me because I didn't want to mess it up. but the folders that are listed in the data drive is
    program data
    steam
    users
    windows apps
    razar soft wear

NTM2003, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive - Similar Threads - Deleted App Data

2. delete data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete data: I am sending this computer back to HP for repair. How can I delete apps, programs, folders, passwords, etc. to protect private information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-data/fdbeba1c-1c40-4fec-b9b3-7514299beac8
  3. My USB drive data got deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB drive data got deleted: When i tried installing win10 the disk was required to be converted to GPT, and inorder to do it i had to use Shift + f10 type: Diskpart type: List Disk type: Select Disk (and whatever number disk you want to change) type: Clean type: Convert GPT And then i selected the...
  4. how to recover deleted data in pen drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to recover deleted data in pen drive: I was just assigned by my boss to cover a meeting and acted as secretariat. I did all the editing and noted the inputs from every member of the committee. When I went back to the office and did other tasks assigned to me, moved and/or deleted files to free up my pen drive....
  5. Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive: I don't mind the service. But, I don't want ALL my files on my laptop to be in the Cloud. How do I de-select certain folders and files so they are NOT saved in the Cloud?...
  6. How to back up apps to external drive by simple copy?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to back up apps to external drive by simple copy?: . I have two apps (one of which is "Photos") in a folder called "Apps" on the C: drive. On the Desktop, there is one icon for each app. I don't see any of these apps in Control Panel. For a simple copy to external drive, is it sufficient to copy only: Desktop C:\Apps...
  7. Macrium not backing up my Data Drive

Macrium not backing up my Data Drive: Im trying to make an image of my laptop partitions but when I open the backup image to explore it the D Data Drive is missing Below are captures of my backup screen choices as well as the capture of the partitions contained in the image file Why is the backup file not...
  8. Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder

Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder: I Keep Backup of my System Drives With Macrium. My OneDrive Folder is in Default place and size is 10 GB. If Backup also include this Folder, then it means I am wasting time and space to unnecessary Backup this because I already have these files in cloud. In this scenario,...
  9. I delete a folder, it comes back and shows "Folder not accessible..."

in Windows 10 Support
    I delete a folder, it comes back and shows "Folder not accessible...": So I basically delete a folder, on my Disk D, and it doesn't vanish, it stays there empty and when I click on it, it says "Folder not accessible access is denied". It's driving me crazy cause sometimes even a explorer.exe restart won't fix. Sometimes if it's a folder within a...
  10. Deleting a folder on the system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a folder on the system drive: Hi, A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created by windows 8.1 in connection with creating a USB recovery drive for the 8.1 system. I should have erased it then, but forgot....