Windows 10: Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

Discus and support Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethBourque, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than just format it. I noticed something peculiar and very distressing: when I deleted items from the app data folder on the old drive, it deleted the same items in the app data folder on my current drive (which has it's own installation for everything.) Is this intended? Is there some way to, I don't know, decouple them? All I know is it's going to take 4 hours to restore items, and hopefully I didn't break anything seriously. And yes, I'm 100% certain, and checked many times in horror, that I deleted items in my D: drives appdata folder and that in turn removed appdata items from my C: I can confirm on restore from the recycling bin that the appdata items were restored to BOTH appdata folders.

:)

SethBourque, Nov 8, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 8, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 8, 2018
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

Upgrading my data drive HDD

I am not the one actually set it up for me I had geek squad do it for me because I didn't want to mess it up. but the folders that are listed in the data drive is
    program data
    steam
    users
    windows apps
    razar soft wear

NTM2003, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

1. Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive - Similar Threads - Deleted App Data

2. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App data deletion: I accidently deleted my appdata folder. Some file were removed. Some apps gives few problems but after some time it automatically fixed. I just want to know that my pcs safe i didn't delete any imp window file?I even run window file checkup after that. That sfc /scannow thing...
  3. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App data deletion: I accidently deleted my appdata folder. Some file were removed. Some apps gives few problems but after some time it automatically fixed. I just want to know that my pcs safe i didn't delete any imp window file?I even run window file checkup after that. That sfc /scannow thing...
  4. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  5. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  6. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Are files deleted in a backed up folder immediately deleted in OD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are files deleted in a backed up folder immediately deleted in OD?: I understood that a file deleted in OD is also deleted in the corresponding specified location in my computer, and vice versa... But I have tested it, and it doesn't appear to be so - I actually waited a day and could see the same result.Would there be a difference in the OD...
  8. Backing up data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backing up data: So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before applying, my question is do I only have two backup options (file history & backup and restore)? If that's the case I'm...
  9. Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?: I've got five hard drives in my computer: C: - a 1TB M.2 SSD D: - a data pool consisting of two 2.5" 1TB drives which contains my Steam Library S: - a 3.5" 1TB drive that my User data is backed up to E: - a 3.5" 2TB drive that I want to clone or mirror the D: drive too....
  10. Macrium not backing up my Data Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium not backing up my Data Drive: Im trying to make an image of my laptop partitions but when I open the backup image to explore it the D Data Drive is missing Below are captures of my backup screen choices as well as the capture of the partitions contained in the image file Why is the backup file not...