Windows 10: Deleted the Downloads folder.

Discus and support Deleted the Downloads folder. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I deleted the downloads folder by mistake and now I dont have access to any files. Help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VarshithReddy_Monke, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Deleted the Downloads folder.

I deleted the downloads folder by mistake and now I dont have access to any files. Help me.

:)

VarshithReddy_Monke, Nov 20, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted the Downloads folder. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted the Downloads folder. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 20, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 20, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Deleted the Downloads folder.

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

Deleted the Downloads folder.

1. Deleted the Downloads folder. - Similar Threads - Deleted Downloads folder

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?

Is it safe to delete 'Downloaded Installations' folder?: I want to delete Downloaded Installations folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installations" because it is almost 20GB, so is it safe to delete it?...
  6. Deleted the Downloads folder.

Deleted the Downloads folder.: I deleted the downloads folder by mistake and now I dont have access to any files. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-the-downloads-folder/9dcdfd0d-9502-4dd5-9788-a7979faadcd5
  7. Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Downloads folder: I tried to shred a single file in the Downloads folder using Avast File Shredder but the entire Downloads folder and all of it's contents was deleted. Now when I click on the File Explorer button in the task bar the Downloads shortcut button is still in the ladder on the left...
  8. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  9. How to delete "Downloads" folder/link?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete "Downloads" folder/link?: (Sorry for bad grammar) So i wanted to return the "downloads" link to default location https://imgur.com/a/akes8Xq because it was on the dropbox folder and i don't use drop box anymore. Then this happened https://imgur.com/a/AunwSfX i can't delete it or do anything about it....
  10. Downloads Folder Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder Deleted: Hello All I recently upgrade my laptop from a HDD to a SSD M2 Samsung 970 Pro. I did a system clone from my HDD to my SSD with no problems and changed my SSD to the primary boot which of course made that my C drive, and the i still have the HDD installed as my data drive....