Windows 10: Deleted the Folder icon from taskbar - how to get it back

Discus and support Deleted the Folder icon from taskbar - how to get it back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings all, I accidentally deleted the default folder icon that comes standard with Windows 10 home. Well, I didn't delete it, I hit the "Unpin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hooked, Oct 21, 2015.

1. hooked Win User

Deleted the Folder icon from taskbar - how to get it back

Greetings all,
    I accidentally deleted the default folder icon that comes standard with Windows 10 home. Well, I didn't delete it, I hit the "Unpin from taskbar".
    Where do these icons go when you unpin them? And how can I get it back?
    I know I can replace it with File Explorer, but I like the files that are displayed with the standard folder icon.

Thanks for any help.

:)

hooked, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 21, 2015
  3. how to get back my folder deleted

Please see if that is in Recycle bin. Recycle bin is usually found on the desktop.

If you have deleted it directly bypassing Recycle bin, you can use Recuva to find it:

Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Hooked, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You can open the Start Menu, right click on File Explorer on the left side, and click on "Pin to taskbar" to add it back. It's the original one.

Brink, Oct 21, 2015
  5. hooked Win User
    Thanks Brink. I'm still feeling my way around Win 10. Just got this laptop about a month ago - came with Windows 10. My desktop has 8.1 and I was just getting to know it.
    BTW, nice system!!

hooked, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Hooked. I hope that you will enjoy Windows 10. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted the Folder icon from taskbar - how to get it back - Similar Threads - Deleted Folder icon

2. How to get the icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the icons back: After moving OneDrive off of the SSD system disk and starting OneDrive on demand, two things have happened that are inconvenient:some icons are just dummies on the desktop and taskbar. How may I change the setup to return the icons to normal?when I start TurboTax software, I...
  3. How to get the icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the icons back: After moving OneDrive off of the SSD system disk and starting OneDrive on demand, two things have happened that are inconvenient:some icons are just dummies on the desktop and taskbar. How may I change the setup to return the icons to normal?when I start TurboTax software, I...
  4. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  5. How to change folder icons back

How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  6. Hide or delete program icon from taskbar

Hide or delete program icon from taskbar: I would like to delete or hide a program app (Blue Stacks) from my taskbar. I've already been through 'Personalization' & selected for it not to appear on taskbar. I have even unpinned it. So, I know how to use registry editor or Power Shell and would like some help in...
  7. getting folders from deleted folder locker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting folders from deleted folder locker: Hallo, Recently i try a method on how to lock a folder and for a while it worked but after a while is stopped working. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/password-protect-folder-windows-10 When i try to open the folder it asked for my password like usual but when i entered it...
  8. How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get back old network icon in taskbar??: Windows 10 1903 (aka the May 2019 update) introduced a new networking tray icon, which gets shown when the PC is offline: However, I don't like this icon, because first, it also shows when the PC is connected to a network, but doesn't have internet access ( aka intranet...
  9. How to get cortana icon back on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get cortana icon back on taskbar: how to get cortana icon on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-icon-back-on-taskbar/ba8d6178-9bb4-43f6-9b46-74358f381a20
  10. Missing icons how to get back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons how to get back: My icons are missing and i have these three icons in top left corner. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/missing-icons-how-to-get-back/012f7e8a-3ff9-4142-acfd-25eecdf552af