Windows 10: Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

Discus and support Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yes, it was stupid. Is this going to be a problem to correct? The C: drive is the only encrypted disk and it is working. I had three partitions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Some-TechGuy777, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

Yes, it was stupid. Is this going to be a problem to correct?

The C: drive is the only encrypted disk and it is working. I had three partitions showing in Disk Management shown from left to right as 100 MB, 435GB and 500mb. The 500MB was listed as RECOVERY. I deleted it without turning BitLocker off. Now I have left to right 450MB UNALLOCATED, 435GB and 100MB. Diskpart lists the 16MB boot partition). Why is it re-ordered after the OEM RECOVERY was deleted?

I would like to add the space to the C: drive but as it is listed first, expansion cannot occur. I would appreciate any insight on this!

:)

Some-TechGuy777, Jul 4, 2019
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro... boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Aaron Win User
    Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro)

Okay, so I removed the recovery partition, and tried to turn that into the system/boot partition with EasyBCD. It seemed to move the boot files, but maybe I missed a step, as my computer couldn't find the OS when I restarted. Thanks to Easy Recovery Essentials (EasyRE, best $20 I ever spent), and some more fooling around, I got to this point:

Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro... [​IMG]

Curiously, EasyRE deleted the F drive partition, which, as I mentioned, I hadn't remembered creating anyway.

So, in spite of the disappearance of F, everything seems more or less in order. BitLocker shows as available to encrypt both the C and the E drives. Except that when I try to encrypt the C drive, after BitLocker checks to make sure the drive meets its criteria, I get this:

Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro... [​IMG]

I think my initial problem has been solved. Any help on this next issue would be greatly appreciated. Should I start a new thread?

Aaron, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

Bitlocker Deleted Partition

So, after downloading Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348 my computer system started to have some issues. I decided to restore my operating system from a previous image. Everything went well until I noticed that one of my internal drives which had BitLocker
    enabled had deleted all my data on that drive. The weird thing is that it was never formatted and still had the volume name but no data. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Did BitLocker caused this issue? Will I be able to recover my lost data? So
    far I have tried to recover the data, but have had no luck. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

SamueHiroto2019, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro...

1. Deleted the OEM partition with BitLocker running in Windows 10 Pro... - Similar Threads - Deleted OEM partition

2. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM: I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD? Or will I run into activation issues? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  3. Recovering OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering OEM Partition: I accidentally formatted OEM Partition using Diskpart during assigning name to drive. Now I don't know how to recover it. When I try to create a recovery Drive by CMD or Recovery Options It is giving error that "Some files are Missing" and cmd error "REAGENTC.EXE: The...
  4. What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is 10gb OEM 'Image' partition (+ how to delete)?: Hi folks, I've recently been doing prep to dual boot linux on my system, backing everything up, freeing space, etc. In the process, I've noticed this fairly large OEM partition on my machine simply labelled 'Image', the purpose of which I'm not 100% sure. I believe it's an...
  5. How to Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Merge or Delete an OEM Partition in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed in Disk Management, a part of your hard drive says Healthy (OEM partition), and occupies space in GBs, then it is normal. There is nothing to worry about except that part of storage space is not [...] This post How to Merge or Delete an...
  6. Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro

Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro: I just read a post on which partitions to delete when installing Windows 10. I tried to delete the System drive (549 MB) but it is still there. There is a partition 1 left along with it. Did I do something wrong or should I be formatting the drive so that there is just one...
  7. Bitlocker Deleted Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker Deleted Partition: So, after downloading Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348 my computer system started to have some issues. I decided to restore my operating system from a previous image. Everything went well until I noticed that one of my internal drives which had BitLocker enabled had...
  8. Windows 10 OEM Partitions

Windows 10 OEM Partitions: I have 2 OEM partitions on my windows 10, Disk 0. Both are small; one 350MB and the other 450MB (drive G). The later is within 10% of being full and I am constantly getting a system message making me aware of this space issue. Please can anyone tell me what these partitions...
  9. Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro): I've turned on Bitlocker on my laptop. It doesn't seem to have encrypted all of my logical drives, and for a couple of them it doesn't give me the option. I have a 1 TB hybrid drive which currently has 4 partitions: C, E, F, and a recovery partition. As far as I recall, I...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition: I upgraded my custom built desktop from Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center (Originally Windows 7 Pro Retail), and I've noticed I now have an OEM (Reserved) partition on my drive. I'm just about to do a clean install, and would like to know if it's safe to delete or whether I...