Windows 10: Deleted torrent file still taking up space

Discus and support Deleted torrent file still taking up space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using free download manager today in order to install a torrent file, I realized that the torrent file was way too big and the download size was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GoldenSniper874, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Deleted torrent file still taking up space

I was using free download manager today in order to install a torrent file, I realized that the torrent file was way too big and the download size was way too slow, it said would take 11 weeks to install and it was installing like one KB per second. I deleted the torrent file in the free download manager, yet my storage was not back. The file was 90 gb in size, but it did not fully install so it most likely allocated storage before I uninstalled it. I have tried a number of different solutions, using programs like treesize, ccleaner, windirstat, directory report, but all these programs only s

:)

GoldenSniper874, Jul 26, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Default App for Downloading torrent files

George

You say a right click produces 'Open in New Tab' . . . are you right clicking the magnet file on a page in your web browser?

You need to download the torrent file to the downloads folder on your PC

Then right click the torrent file on your PC and follow the steps above

You are correct uTorrent or BitTorrent will not show up in the list of Default Apps because that is not really installed on your PC like a conventional App, it is simply copied to the folder I listed above when you install it

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Deleted torrent file still taking up space

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Deleted torrent file still taking up space

1. Deleted torrent file still taking up space - Similar Threads - Deleted torrent file

2. I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.: I'm not sure what to do, I can't re delete it because I can't find where it is on my pc. It's been a problem for months now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-ark-a-while-ago-but-its-still-taking-up/56a06149-f0e5-4934-8975-787963037e5c
  3. I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.: I'm not sure what to do, I can't re delete it because I can't find where it is on my pc. It's been a problem for months now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-ark-a-while-ago-but-its-still-taking-up/56a06149-f0e5-4934-8975-787963037e5c
  4. I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  6. deleted files still taking up storage space?

deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  7. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  8. Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion: Was low on room for my C: drive so I decided to go uninstall some of the campaigns for HALO. All in all, it should have brought about 45gbs of space back to me. Instead, it took up MORE room and now I have 400mbs of space left. It is NOT system restore- I had this issue in...
  9. Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.: So i linked my Google Drive with my Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. After realizing how much space it took up i ended up deleting it. I went into control panel and deleted it, emptied it from my recycle bin but it's still showing all the space being used. Under my pc i search DRIVE...
  10. I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 pro to the 1909 version. Then i went to disk cleanup and chose the "windows update cleanup" option and it deleted the folder Windows.old but it didnt free up space as much as it should. I only have like 33 gigs worth of stuff out of...