Windows 10: Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

Discus and support Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my name is Matt Stevenson and I recently attempted to change the font of my Sticky Notes on my Windows 10 PC. Firstly, what I did was research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GrooveMaster, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

Hi, my name is Matt Stevenson and I recently attempted to change the font of my Sticky Notes on my Windows 10 PC.

Firstly, what I did was research how to do so and found that I could access the 'regedit' component via using the 'Run' Desktop application. I was told that deleting Segoe Print (TrueType) would allow me to use a different font, I deleted both the Segoe Print (TrueType) and the Bold version of the .ttf files under:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts'

and restarted my PC. What happened when I rebooted the PC was a major disappointment as it didn't only NOT work for Sticky Notes as the font didn't change, but now when I hover over for example, the Google Chrome application on the task bar the 'X' in the top right hand corner is now a small square as the icons are missing. I also changed the Segoe MDL2 Assets .ttf which affected the Start symbol icons to small boxes, once changed back to the .ttf they appeared again. It was changed to 'Segoe-MDL2-Assests-MetroUI.ttf' which I think is what it should be, so this isn't affecting the 'X' icons any longer.

My question is, how do I resolve this? These icons are also missing when accessing a file on the Desktop or otherwise and the same small boxes show to replace the icons. The icon which is to the very right hand end of the 'Ask me anything' bar of the Search bar in the task bar is also missing and I wish to return them to their normal icons as soon as possible. All other icons are in place and haven't been affected.

I have attached a few screenshots of what I mean by this and the missing .ttf files which were situated with other Segoe .ttf files in the same directory as previously listed.

Thank you in advance for any replies or queries regarding my question.

Matt.

:)

GrooveMaster, Feb 24, 2016

2. Unable to download a software, installation stuck at file 35311.ttf.

Original title: 35311.ttf

I am downloading a software and it gets stuck at for a file 35311.ttf. further installation shows (Not Responding) I have deleted windows 7 and operate only on windows 10. Please suggest remedy for fixing this

PrasadhG.R., Feb 24, 2016
  3. How to install regional fonts in Windows mobile 6.1?

Tried. Unfortunately not working.I downloaded respective ttf font to stoarage card and then copied to window/fonts folder.

It didnt show me that TTF file in installation format.

Any other way?

Regards,

Amey.

Amey Abhyankar, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

1. Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Deleted ttf files

2. Microsoft Files no longer show the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Files no longer show the icons: I made a mistake installing WPS Office, it became the default whenever I open a file. I didn't like it because I always want microsoft word word and all its programs so I uninstalled the WPS Office.But when I did, it files no longer show the usual blue colored W symbol, it's...
  3. Microsoft Files no longer show the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Files no longer show the icons: I made a mistake installing WPS Office, it became the default whenever I open a file. I didn't like it because I always want microsoft word word and all its programs so I uninstalled the WPS Office.But when I did, it files no longer show the usual blue colored W symbol, it's...
  4. Accidentally deleted something from Regedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted something from Regedit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run This was the path way for the key that was deleted, when using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , which appears to have put the folder back but there is nothign that is in it. Nothing on the...
  5. i deleted a file in regedit what should i do i deleted the sizer file in regedit is it fine...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i deleted a file in regedit what should i do i deleted the sizer file in regedit is it fine...: i deleted a file in regedit what should i do i deleted the sizer file in regedit is it fine Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer...
  6. I need to delete some font .ttf files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to delete some font .ttf files.: I downloaded an old Magic: The Gathering game I wanted to play, then decided I didn't want to play it, however in the folder the game files came in there are 6 .ttf files that windows will not allow me to delete, insisting they are in use. They are not in use, they are not...
  7. Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 app icon shows paper when deleting file: Windows has a instagram app on its store but I dont like its icon,so I decided to change it, I got a photo that i liked and changed it into a .ico file. Then i changed the icon,everything’s okay. I don’t really like to keep random files in my pc so I deleted it, but as soon...
  8. Deleted value from regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted value from regedit: Hello, I had a problem with automatically closing command prompt. I found solution of deleting AutoRun value from \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor. Unfortunatelly that destroyed my system. Only cmd were available after starting the system. Now I added...
  9. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit: I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with...
  10. Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit: I have a "Bliss" font that I use on other systems and is licensed for use on my Surface Pro with Windows 10 - Version 1809 It is currently in my fonts list, but unfortunately the Bliss-Regular.otf file I installed appears to be conflicting with a BLISS-Regular_01.otf version...