Windows 10: Deleted user account name appears on login screen

Discus and support Deleted user account name appears on login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account. This user account does not appear when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JamesRF, Feb 19, 2016.

1. JamesRF Win User

Deleted user account name appears on login screen

When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account.

This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC).

How do I stop this deleted user account name appearing at login?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

:)

JamesRF, Feb 19, 2016
  2. scabbard1 Win User

2 Logins same account

Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Did a fresh install and deleted everything. The problem now is that when I get to login screen, I have the same icon and name for two different logins. Just want to use my main Microsoft login. When I check under
    user accounts only one is listed. One allows me to set pin but the other appears to want a name and password, but both have my Microsoft account picture.

scabbard1, Feb 19, 2016
  3. ssintay Win User
    Windows 10 Local account instantly logging out

I recently upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10.

Under 8.1 I had two windows accounts and one local account on the machine. After the upgrade I deleted the local account and then attempted to create a new local account (Different user name). The local account appears to be created successfully, but I am
    not able to login to the account.

I click on the account icon, I enter the password, it appears to accept the password, but then it instantly says "Signing Out" and dumps me back to the login screen.

Thanks

ssintay, Feb 19, 2016
Thema:

Deleted user account name appears on login screen

1. Deleted user account name appears on login screen - Similar Threads - Deleted user account

2. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  3. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  4. admin user account display name on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....
  5. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  6. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  7. User name profile change but user account was deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name profile change but user account was deleted: I was trying to change the name of my account by regedit.exe, I did it but I used command promt to run it, but now my user account disappeared and all my data as well, I can't find anything...
  8. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  9. Another user appeared on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Another user appeared on login screen: Well, I have this problem... I had configured from netplwiz to not have to put password to start the session since I am the only one who uses the pc and I think it can not be deactivated if one has the microsoft account linked to the user of Windows. Then one day a new...
  10. Local Account user appears and will not delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted user account still appears on login

2. deleted user account appears on login screen

3. deleted user account name appears on login screen