Windows 10: Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost

Discus and support Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I decided to delete a user account on my PC (Windows 10) and chose to keep files. However, some of the folders from my deleted user were lost (e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Masculino0000, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost

Hi! I decided to delete a user account on my PC (Windows 10) and chose to keep files. However, some of the folders from my deleted user were lost (e.g. Downloads). Is there any way I can restore those files? I hope someone could help. Thank you in advance.

:)

Masculino0000, Apr 19, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 19, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost

Files & Folder from c:/Users/OwnUser(My username) Folder getting Deleted itself in Windows 10

Hello,

There are possible reasons that may cause the files and folders to be missing. It could be caused by the following:

• Computer viruses.
    • Corrupted files.
    • Files infected with malware.
    • Set to hidden. Etc.

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to find or recover your files and folders using the information and steps provided on the links below:

Back-up-and-restore-your-files

Find-lost-files

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost

1. Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost - Similar Threads - Deleted User chose

2. lost the folders that were under quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...
  3. lost the folders that were under quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...
  4. Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS: I have a folder that wanted to: Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS…My system is: HP Desktop Computer of 2008-yr, only for testing, is being usedWindows 10 HomePC Disk HDD Do you know how to…?...
  5. Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS: I have a folder that wanted to: Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS…My system is: HP Desktop Computer of 2008-yr, only for testing, is being usedWindows 10 HomePC Disk HDD Do you know how to…?...
  6. Delete some folders & files unrecoverable but keep programs & OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows

HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  8. Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files: I am using version 1903 build 18362.535. In version 1809, whenever I removed the system assigned "My..." user folders, Windows restored them occasionally. Now in 1903, I removed them and Windows replaced the folders with "system files". So now the My Documents .etc . . files...
  9. Lost Users folder

Lost Users folder: In the properties for my C:\Users\ten24 folder, I checked "Hidden", hoping to be able to get to my AppData file. I wasn't paying attention to what happened after that, but now the ten24 folder is gone, with all of the files in Documents, etc. Is there someway for me to...
  10. Some file and folder in Data: D lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some file and folder in Data: D lost: Some files and folder in my Driver (D) are lost after i turn off my laptop, this never happen before is there any way i can recover it? Windows version 10...