Windows 10: Deleted user folder being recreated.

Discus and support Deleted user folder being recreated. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4k3or3et, Feb 29, 2020.

1. 4k3or3et Win User

Deleted user folder being recreated.

Hi All

I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is:

"C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat"

Anyone know how to stop this?

I am using latest Windows 10 with all the updates.

Thank you.

:)

4k3or3et, Feb 29, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted user folder being recreated. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted user folder being recreated. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Recreate or fix user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Since you have mentioned that you had already backed up the file on Drop box and Crashplan, I suggest you to access the respective backplan websites and try to retrieve the user files which are missing. Once you retrieve the files, I suggest you to follow
    the steps below and check if it helps.

a. Log in to a new user profile which was created.

b. Open Documents folder.

c. Click on View, then Click on Options and then select Change Folder and search options.

1.Click
    Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

2. Clear the
    Hide protected operating system filescheck
    box, click Yesto confirm, and
    then click OK

3. Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.

4. Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat
      • Ntuser.dat.log
      • Ntuser.ini
    5. Click the
    Editmenu, and then click
    Copy.
    If you don't see the
    Edit
    menu, press Alt.

6. Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New_Username is the name of the new user profile you created.

7. Click the
    Editmenu, and then click
    Paste.
    If you don't see the
    Editmenu, press Alt.

8. Log off, and then log back on as the new user.

9. If you have e-mail messages in an e-mail program, you must import your e-mail messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old profile. If everything
    is working properly, you can delete the old profile.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Mustachio Win User

Recreated User folder - permissions

OK so answer this: when I log in as Dave and try to delete user Mac20, in order to recreate it, why does W10 keep telling me Mac20 is logged in when that isn't true? Can I just delete the C:\User\Mac20 folder?

Mustachio, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted user folder being recreated. - Similar Threads - Deleted user folder

2. Desktop not being in User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not being in User folder: Hello there, Im currently using an Asus laptop, just want to clear that out. For some reason, my desktop is in the C:\Users\myusername\OneDrive and I want the desktop to be in myusername place, without being in the onedrive, how do I do that?...
  3. Desktop not being in User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop not being in User folder: Hello there, Im currently using an Asus laptop, just want to clear that out. For some reason, my desktop is in the C:\Users\myusername\OneDrive and I want the desktop to be in myusername place, without being in the onedrive, how do I do that?...
  4. Deleted user folder being recreated.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user folder being recreated.: Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is: "C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat" Anyone know how to...
  5. delete and recreate SID in the Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    delete and recreate SID in the Registry: Hi I would like to know how to delete the local Administrator SID or all SIDs and recreate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-and-recreate-sid-in-the-registry/69955b8a-aea6-4653-9f16-e97e20a81230
  6. Recreated User folder - permissions

Recreated User folder - permissions: Created another admin account 'Dave', then deleted my Mac20 original account. Recreated Mac20 using outlook but when I go in \Users I still see the original Mac20 folder (with only 2 objects) and the new one called Mac20.DESKTOP-34C11S0. This will allow me to move the...
  7. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  8. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  9. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    edge recreates deleted bookmarks: its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is wrong and how to fix it 74039
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user folders being recreated windows 10