Windows 10: Deleted User from Windows 10

Discus and support Deleted User from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I deleted the user profile and elected to save the files/folders. There is a file folder on the desktop with the files but I don't know what to do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathyLynn, Mar 31, 2020.

1. KathyLynn Win User

Deleted User from Windows 10

I deleted the user profile and elected to save the files/folders. There is a file folder on the desktop with the files but I don't know what to do to apply the files to the new user.

:)

KathyLynn, Mar 31, 2020

2. How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Well you can try something like this... Delprof2 – User Profile Deletion Tool
    It is free to use, if you use for private use.

Quote from the Site page:

Deleting User Profile in Windows Using Delprof2

95Viper, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted User from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleted User

2. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  3. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  4. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  6. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  7. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

10. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"