Deleted User Still Showing

Discus and support Deleted User Still Showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sadicus, Aug 1, 2018.

1. sadicus Win User

File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User.
    When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus!

:)

sadicus, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 1, 2018
  3. SujataMoktan Win User
    Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted User Still Showing - Similar Threads - Deleted User Still

2. Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...: Removing homegroups without any notice to users - you just see that that your shares have become 'media devices'. No results when you search homegroups, not even a message to say 'they have been removed'. It seems that file history will go the same way, potentially...
  3. create script to list all groups all my users are members of?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    create script to list all groups all my users are members of?: Is there a login script or some way to show and list all my users and exactly what groups they are members of? We have an older server with all the users and their assigned groups on and soon we have to move all the shares off the server to new server and I'm not sure how to...
  4. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  5. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  6. How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...: I have old user files left after deleting user. How do i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-fo-i-remove-an-old-users-files-left-sfter/32f5b559-f0f2-4796-b966-e32f59adad40"
  7. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...: My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10. I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game. I prolly didn't played it for more...
  8. Windows Updates on Remote user (non-Domain-joined) Laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates on Remote user (non-Domain-joined) Laptops: We have a fleet of about 65 remote users with HP 840 G3 laptops, all with Windows 10 installed, Version 1607. The users are getting prompts to update the OS Version, which requires admin approval to begin. I have been able to remote in and start the update, and it will run in...
  9. Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]: I would like to report a bug. We have two windows accounts on our computer - me (administrator) and my girlfriend. I have these languages/keyboard layouts set up: English, Czech, Russian She has these: English (UK), Czech, Slovak, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian,...
  10. How do I list all groups all my users are members of?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I list all groups all my users are members of?: Is there a login script or some way to show and list all my users and exactly what groups the are members of? We have an older server with all the users and their assigned groups on and soon we have to move all the shares off the server to new server and Im not sure how to...