Windows 10: Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files

Discus and support Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using version 1903 build 18362.535. In version 1809, whenever I removed the system assigned "My..." user folders, Windows restored them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Dec 27, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files

I am using version 1903 build 18362.535. In version 1809, whenever I removed the system assigned "My..." user folders, Windows restored them occasionally. Now in 1903, I removed them and Windows replaced the folders with "system files". So now the My Documents .etc . . files were placed there by Windows. Their contents are identical. The others, Pictures, Documents, Contacts and Favorites I created using renamed copies of the same system files.

:)

ineuw, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Ntracs Win User

Rename Folder for assigned to system user

I would appreciate some assistance with the change requested below:

LAPTOP
    is connected to a network

LAPTOP
    has a sign on account is connected to LAPTOP

LAPTOP
    The has the following 3 folders are attached to LAPTOP impacted by the change request:

- A1
    - B2
    - USERS

The contents of each folders are listed below:

A1 - Contains active files

B2 - "which has the same as the account " contains folder A1
    ie (\\LAPTOP\B2)

USERS -Contains folder A1

I would like to know what I can do to delete the duplicate folders:.

Step 1:
    Move the active files from Folder A1 to Folder B2 and delete folder A1.:
    Step 2:
    Move Folder B2 under the USERS Folder:

This would ensure that the active files are located in Folder B2 under the USERS folder and the folder
    will the be associated with the Account Name.

I would appreciate your comments on if this is possible

Ntracs, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files

Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files

1. Deleted users' system folders were changed to system files - Similar Threads - Deleted users' system

2. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  3. System Restore - Deleting user files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore - Deleting user files.: Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a long time to download. I want to use System Restore to go back to when I formatted and installed the software. I know System...
  4. Can't delete/change properties/etc. of file in Videos system folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't delete/change properties/etc. of file in Videos system folder: I have a file in the videos folder, the full path is "C:\Users\Tony\Videos\vlc-record-2019-09-09-17h35m00s-André Rieu & Mirusia - Time To Say Goodbye-DVbOxh7tQCc.mkv-.mkv" a total of 116 characters (excluding quotes). The apparent file properties are odd, size is 16.1KB...
  5. Deleted system files

Deleted system files: Dell latitude e6500 windows 10, i deleted a lot of dII, system32 and sysWOW64 files.. some for example are: mscoreei.exe, cmp.exe cmp.key, java and all its files, explorer.exe, framework cant rememberthe file names, administrative settings, msconfig, legacy and UEFI files,...
  6. Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost

Deleted User, chose to keep files, but some folders were lost: Hi! I decided to delete a user account on my PC (Windows 10) and chose to keep files. However, some of the folders from my deleted user were lost (e.g. Downloads). Is there any way I can restore those files? I hope someone could help. Thank you in advance....
  7. system files to delete

system files to delete: There are 3 boxes that refer to Win 10 installation and when you try to delete them it says you will not be able to go back to your previous OS. It is substantial space as I believe one box contains something like x amount of GB's. I have imaged Win 10 so I think could...
  8. Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder: I would like to know if TMP files in System Profile folder can safely be deleted ? Actual location..C:/ Users/Windows/System32/Config/Systemprofile.. I have about 10,000 or so ! Thank you 76758
  9. Explorer changes Folder into System File

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer changes Folder into System File: I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal. A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few documents) suddenly morphed (in Explorer) into a system file. Using a DOS prompt it is easy to find that they are in fact...
  10. Deleting a folder on the system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a folder on the system drive: Hi, A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created by windows 8.1 in connection with creating a USB recovery drive for the 8.1 system. I should have erased it then, but forgot....