Windows 10: Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to...

Discus and support Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got my laptop repaired a few months ago, so I switched my laptop to use a local account instead of my microsoft account just before i sent it over to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlueBox812, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to...

I got my laptop repaired a few months ago, so I switched my laptop to use a local account instead of my microsoft account just before i sent it over to them. When I got it back, I switched it back to use my Microsoft account. Flash forward to today, I noticed the user file for the account wasn't deleted, so I went into powershell and typed net user "user" /delete. Then I tried to open file explorer to check if the folder was gone, but it wouldn't let me enter the program. It said something about the user id not matching, so I restarted my pc. Then it wouldn't let me log in with my fingerprint, so I typed in my pin which didn't work and so I tried my password. That didn't work either, so I restarted my computer again, but this time i held shift to go to the recovery environment and started windows in safe mode. In safe mode, I couldn't access the start menu, file explorer or settings. There were no error messages. I restarted my computer again but this time the account at the login screen is "Administrator" it was my normal account before. There is nowhere to enter a password or a pin and it there is a "sign in" button. When clicked, it says "your account has been disabled. Please see your administrator". At this point, I just wanted to completely reset the system. So, I held shift and clicked restart to go to the recovery environment but it didn't show up. There was a blue screen for a split second but that was it, it proceeded to restart like normal. I tried this a few times and then i powered my laptop on and off three times consecutively multiple times. No recovery environment. This is where I am now. I just want a way to reset my pc, my important files are backed up to onedrive so keeping my files is not a top priority. Please help, I really need this computer up and running ASAP.

:)

BlueBox812, Mar 10, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Mar 10, 2021
  3. v444 Win User
    script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

4. W1zzard Win User

Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to...

Had a Question..it was deleted --.--

our policy is to delete only spam/inappropriate posts.

the only person who can "hard delete" posts on the forums is me .. everybody else can just soft-delete the posts, the original author will see those posts in the threads list with a comment why it was deleted.

to the poster it will look like this, without "manage"

Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to... deleted.gif

W1zzard, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to...

1. Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to... - Similar Threads - Deleted thought was

2. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  3. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  4. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I deleted a user from my computer. I kept their user files. Now I want to delete their user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted a user from my computer. I kept their user files. Now I want to delete their user...: Would apps have any trouble? I can't set up hello security recognition because there is another user saved. If I delete appdata would it solve the problem...
  6. I deleted a user from my computer. I kept their user files. Now I want to delete their user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a user from my computer. I kept their user files. Now I want to delete their user...: Would apps have any trouble? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-user-from-my-computer-i-kept-their/31bafb12-30eb-4e9f-b934-09e611190cf6
  7. What is ACLib? I can't delete it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is ACLib? I can't delete it.: I literally tried deleting this like 5 times it just keeps coming back help me help me what is this and how do you fix it aaaaaaaa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-aclib-i-cant-delete-it/11d86f6c-248e-4215-b6e7-6f41a89bc51e
  8. I thought I deleted paint 3D...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I thought I deleted paint 3D...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/uthas061 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mk4m5z/i_thought_i_deleted_paint_3d/
  9. User Name I can't delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Name I can't delete: Ok, I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or a Carbonite issue. Just bought a new Windows 10 computer from Dell. Restored my files from Carbonite. Created a user name "Joe". When I go to the C: drive under Users, there is another user called "Smith39". I have no...
  10. I can't delete certain users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete certain users: So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called...