Windows 10: Deleted WiFi adapter after it gave me a code 45, expected windows to reinstall but it didn't.

Discus and support Deleted WiFi adapter after it gave me a code 45, expected windows to reinstall but it didn't. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I booted up my laptop, and the wifi wasnt working. I checked the driver, and it gave me a Code 45, so I uninstalled it to attempt to fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Globial, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Globial Win User

Deleted WiFi adapter after it gave me a code 45, expected windows to reinstall but it didn't.

Recently, I booted up my laptop, and the wifi wasnt working. I checked the driver, and it gave me a Code 45, so I uninstalled it to attempt to fix the issue. That's the last time i saw that driver. I attempted to reinstall the driver via manufacturer's website, but it didnt give me a new driver. Please help! I also ran driver verifier the last time I booted it up, so it also could be the source of the issue.

:)

Globial, Jul 10, 2020

2. Deleted wifi adapter

Following a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on the list for network devices in the device manager and so I cannot, update, uninstall or reinstall.
    Also, I have no appropriate restore point to allow me to rollback the update. Any advice on how to get my wifi back would be appreciated.

HopedPlatypus17, Jul 10, 2020
  3. TTSalo Win User
    Windows 10 Wireless adapter Code 45

Hello everyone,

I have a one-year-old ASUS Vivobook laptop with 64-bit Windows 10 and an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 wireless adapter. I have had a recurring issue with the device disappearing from Device Manager. I first encountered this issue last November, but,
    unfortunately, I am not able to say whether the device was then shown as a hidden device, as it is now. Now, I can see that the error code 45 (Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer) is displayed under the device's properties. In
    November, I resolved the issue by performing a full reinstallation of Windows, which leads me to think that the problem is not hardware-related. I last used WiFi with this device on 12 January, and the device had disappeared when I started the laptop on 13
    Jan. No updates had taken place between these bootups. So far, I have tried the following measures:

• Updating all drivers with Intel Driver & Support Assistant
    • Updating the Wireless adapter driver manually
    • Installing all Windows updates
    • Removing the device in order to have Windows install new drivers automatically
    • Rolling back to a week-old system recovery point
    • Booting in safe mode to perform sfc /scannow, which restored some corrupt files. A CBS log is available, if necessary.
    • Running Windows Defender Offline
    I can currently use an Ethernet connection as the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is available. Curiously enough, upon booting up the laptop on 13 January, when the Wireless adapter had disappeared for the first time in January, the events tab of the
    Ethernet device show the following events, in chronological order:

• 19:42 Device deleted
    • 19:47 Device install requested
    • 19:47 Device configured (oem15.inf)
    • 19:47 Device started (rt640x64)
    Similar events have taken place regarding all 8 WAN Miniports listed under the Network adapters, but not concerning the Wireless adapter. The Wireless adapter's only event in January is my manual deletion on the 14th. Does this provide any insight to my
    issue? No other events regarding the Ethernet adapter have taken place before these since the reinstallation in November. Needless to say, I hope that I don't have to resort to reinstalling the OS every three months. Is it worthwhile to have a shop take a
    look inside the laptop? Could the adapter have become physically disconnected? Is it integrated within the motherboard?

Thank you to everyone willing to devote their time to my issue.

TTSalo, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Deleted WiFi adapter after it gave me a code 45, expected windows to reinstall but it didn't.

Windows 10 Wifi Adapter Issues/Problems

Thanks. Those are very basic steps I already tried (as mentioned in my first post).

I have also tried all six steps listed on the advanced tips here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

My connection is spotty at best. It takes 30 minutes of resetting the network adapter to even get a wifi connection and it eventually drops it after 45 minutes.

AlexandraVallianatos, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Deleted WiFi adapter after it gave me a code 45, expected windows to reinstall but it didn't.

1. Deleted WiFi adapter after it gave me a code 45, expected windows to reinstall but it didn't. - Similar Threads - Deleted WiFi adapter

2. Wireless adapter shows Code 45 after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter shows Code 45 after reboot: Equipment:MediaTek MT7921 Wireless LAN CardScenario:1. I found that the Wireless adapter no longer works after dozens of days of using the cable. So I performed some checks.2. When I rebooted my laptop, the WiFi would be shown for about 30 seconds, then the WiFi...
  3. Wireless adapter shows Code 45 after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter shows Code 45 after reboot: Equipment:MediaTek MT7921 Wireless LAN CardScenario:1. I found that the Wireless adapter no longer works after dozens of days of using the cable. So I performed some checks.2. When I rebooted my laptop, the WiFi would be shown for about 30 seconds, then the WiFi...
  4. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Code 45 network adapter: Every time I restart my HP laptop or wake it up from sleep, my Broadcom network adapter and Microsoft adaptors develops code 45 error. I have tried all the solutions listed on the forum ie troubleshooting network adpter, using command prompts, uninstalling and re installing...
  5. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 45 network adapter: Every time I restart my HP laptop or wake it up from sleep, my Broadcom network adapter and Microsoft adaptors develops code 45 error. I have tried all the solutions listed on the forum ie troubleshooting network adpter, using command prompts, uninstalling and re installing...
  6. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No Wifi After Reinstalling Network Adapters Code 56

No Wifi After Reinstalling Network Adapters Code 56: Hello I have some internet problems on my laptop. I was just trying to reinstall my network adapters until the installer timed out. And now im stuck for 3 hours with the annoying code 56 error. I literally tried everything I could other than reinstalling windows which I...
  8. Code 45 wifi

Code 45 wifi: Hi, My Wifi adapter comes up with a code 45 when I try to use it, how to fix please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-45-wifi/309c8a0c-190f-4a30-995c-8641b113730f
  9. WiFi Adapter Code 45

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Code 45: [IMG]Out of the blue, wifi adapter not working. Clicked ‘view hidden devices’ in Device Mamager, found adapter and this is the error showing in properties: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this...
  10. code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter

code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter: So i foolishly didn't do any sort of research or backups or anything. Enter the first update things are GREAT i mean no issues whatsoever a day goes by and i'm like hey i might as well see what the next windows update does. Now see if your a betting man... You'd probably win...