Windows 10: Deleted wifi adapter

Discus and support Deleted wifi adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crackzero, Aug 1, 2021.

1. crackzero Win User

Deleted wifi adapter

Following a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on the list for network devices in the device manager and so I cannot, update, uninstall or reinstall. Also, I have no appropriate restore point to allow me to rollback the update. Any advice on how to get my wifi back would be appreciated.My laptop is MSI GF65 Thib SDR

:)

crackzero, Aug 1, 2021

2. Deleted wifi adapter

Following a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on the list for network devices in the device manager and so I cannot, update, uninstall or reinstall.
    Also, I have no appropriate restore point to allow me to rollback the update. Any advice on how to get my wifi back would be appreciated.

HopedPlatypus17, Aug 1, 2021
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. S_and_S Win User

Deleted wifi adapter

Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Deleted wifi adapter

1. Deleted wifi adapter - Similar Threads - Deleted wifi adapter

2. Wifi adapter deleted randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter deleted randomly: I just bought a new Lenovo laptop about a month ago. Today it disconnected from the wifi says that the virtual adapter and Lan card were deleted. I reset my computer back to one week ago but it still doesn’t work. I was not even on my computer when this happened. it says that...
  3. Wifi adapter deleted randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter deleted randomly: I just bought a new Lenovo laptop about a month ago. Today it disconnected from the wifi says that the virtual adapter and Lan card were deleted. I reset my computer back to one week ago but it still doesn’t work. I was not even on my computer when this happened. it says that...
  4. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted": Ok so I have a Wifi adapter that isn't working properly. Every time I try to connect, it says "No Wifi Networks Found". I also found that it says the wifi adapter was deleted. I am using an external wifi adapter which works fine, but it doesn't have very good internet speed....
  5. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted": Ok so I have a Wifi adapter that isn't working properly. Every time I try to connect, it says "No Wifi Networks Found". I also found that it says the wifi adapter was deleted. I am using an external wifi adapter which works fine, but it doesn't have very good internet speed....
  6. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wifi adapter

Wifi adapter: My physical wifi adapter has been damaged for unknown reasons. I then purchased a WiFi usb dongle. It worked for a while. Currently when I insert the WiFi dongle my computer shuts down and resets. I've tested the dongle on other devices and it works fine. I've done a recovery...
  8. Wifi doesn't work, Windows deleting adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't work, Windows deleting adapter: Hi all, When I turn on my laptop - wifi can't connect, it doesn't show available networks - and in the network settings it doesn't show my wifi adapter. Running the troubleshooter I find the error: "The Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201160MHz adapter is experiencing driver.."...
  9. Deleted WLAN wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted WLAN wifi adapter: It was just recently when I used my windows laptop and my wifi adapter stopped working after I turned it on after the sleep mode. I didn't see any wifi button after pressing the wifi icon on my taskbar It showed ared x with the ethernet logo but i have never used the ethernet...
  10. Deleted wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted wifi adapter: Following a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on the list for network devices in the device manager and so I cannot, update, uninstall or reinstall. Also, I have no...