Windows 10: Deleted Windows apps files

Discus and support Deleted Windows apps files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think I might have deleted some files that are required to run all the windows apps like Store, Groove etc. I can't open the apps but when I try they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyNameDoesn'tMatter, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Deleted Windows apps files

I think I might have deleted some files that are required to run all the windows apps like Store, Groove etc. I can't open the apps but when I try they just flash on the screen and shut down. I tried this dudes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-yYa4CKg0 first method using Poweshell but it said that the files don't exist.

I just want Groove back tbh. Can't I just download all the app files somewhere and skip the files I already have like copy pasting images from one file to another?

:)

MyNameDoesn'tMatter, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Deleted Windows apps files ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 1, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleted Windows apps files

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Deleted Windows apps files

1. Deleted Windows apps files - Similar Threads - Deleted apps files

2. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted: I am making space in my hard drive to install different games specifically, the Halo: Master Chief Collection which is quite large. Even though I've deleted files, the storage is still very full. After using an external program to check the storage properly, it shows that in...
  3. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted: I am making space in my hard drive to install different games specifically, the Halo: Master Chief Collection which is quite large. Even though I've deleted files, the storage is still very full. After using an external program to check the storage properly, it shows that in...
  4. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...: Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted, unlike the old control panel apps uninstaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-apps-uninstaller-cannot-delete-an-apps/0bd5ae39-ea50-4326-b3ff-bb60d029cb4a
  6. Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...

Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...: Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted, unlike the old control panel apps uninstaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-apps-uninstaller-cannot-delete-an-apps/0bd5ae39-ea50-4326-b3ff-bb60d029cb4a
  7. How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder: Hi, I unable to delete files in the Windows Apps folder. I have tried all recommended options and they still do not work. Additionally, I have tried both Powershell and Command Prompt to no avail. I am confident that these files are not necessary to operating my PC as they...
  8. Uninstalling Windows apps does not delete files

Uninstalling Windows apps does not delete files: I uninstalled several Windows apps and the files are still in WindowsApps folder, is there some reason why they were not deleted? I do know that if you delete "Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml_10.1808.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" BingNews will stop working. 166116
  9. delete unnecessary files and apps

delete unnecessary files and apps: Delete unnecessary apps and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-unnecessary-files-and-apps/3733fe49-cfd4-4a8e-910d-d6f70fa75751
  10. Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Cannot delete Windows Apps files: Attached is a list of Windows apps files I moved to a user folder on my system. I am unable to delete the folder containing these files even after I take ownership. I have long cleaned up my system of the store and windows 10 apps. Any idea how I could delete these files?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 deleted windpwsapps