Windows 10: Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd

Discus and support Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, My windows is not booting the m.2 ssd. I bought a new laptop with a hdd. Bought m.2 850 evo ssd and installed it. Installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sareea, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Sareea Win User

Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd

Hello all,
    My windows is not booting the m.2 ssd.

I bought a new laptop with a hdd.
    Bought m.2 850 evo ssd and installed it.
    Installed windows 10 on it without removing the hdd.
    It was loading fine but i noticed that the boot loads the previous hdd before continuing to the ssd.
    Tried deleting the hdd from msconfig boot and that didnt help.
    Still in the bios i only saw "windows boot manager HDD" under the uefi bbs boot priorities. But it recognized the ssd in storage information.

All that and i even tried cleaning with diskpart the hdd ( the big mistake ).
    So i now got no boot manager now.
    And ssd is not loading. Is there a way to fix it without reinstalling windows ?

:)

Sareea, Dec 19, 2015

2. HOW TO BOOT MY OS ON SAMSUNG SSD MSATA 850 EVO

Hi Arun,

I repeat the process of migration and remove my old hdd leaving the msata ssd install.

when I boot the laptop, it boot just fine and faster.

But when I put back the old HDD, windows return to boot from hdd again.

Clean installation means I have to buy a new OS right?.

JeffreyMeimban, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Stuck on Windows 10 1703

I've been trying to update Windows 10 with various updates for months now, and every time it fails at 20%.

I have tried the following:

- Clean Boot

- Windows Upgrade Assistant (Keeps saying "Something went wrong" error 0xc1900204)

- Clean install of Windows 10

This all happened after I switched to an SSD while keeping my HDD. I deleted the old Windows folder on the HDD in case it was conflicting, and even formatted the HDD, but no luck.

Is my BIOS somehow affecting Windows update? I'm trying to stay up to date.

Setherz6104, Dec 19, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Boot from your windows 10 installation USB/DVD, chose your language and click on "repair your computer", Then click on "Troubleshoot", "Advanced options", "command prompt" to open a windows like the one below.

Enter "diskpart", "list disk", "select disk <ssd number>" , "list partition", "exit" as shown.

Please take a picture if you can or at least say exactly what it says. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd [​IMG]

What you need to do depends on the results of this - whether you need to create partitions or just create boot files.

5. Sareea Win User
    In the ssd i only got :
    Partition 1 reserved 16 mb
    Partition 2 primary 232 gb

Sareea, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd - Similar Threads - Deleted boot manager

2. Will a local account get deleted along with a clean install of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a local account get deleted along with a clean install of windows?: If I deleted all partitions on Windows 11/10 and re-installed the OS completely, will my local account get deleted as well? Is the only way to retain any account info/settings is through having a Microsoft account? Additionally, I was just curious if all it takes to reset the...
  3. Will a local account get deleted along with a clean install of windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a local account get deleted along with a clean install of windows?: If I deleted all partitions on Windows 11/10 and re-installed the OS completely, will my local account get deleted as well? Is the only way to retain any account info/settings is through having a Microsoft account? Additionally, I was just curious if all it takes to reset the...
  4. Windows Boot Manager priority over HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager priority over HDD?: I might've let the Windows Boot Manager as the second option by mistake, over my HDD, when reinstalling my Windows. Is there anything bad that can happen to my Windows Setup? I use the Manager to open the PC as well. Can there be anything bad that can happen if I run the...
  5. Old hdd is not allowing me to boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old hdd is not allowing me to boot: Hi So my computer was starting to get full and I remember that I had 1tb drive in an old pc that no one was using. So I try to plug it in but each time I get to my motherboard boot screen and click del nothing happens. Now idk how to continue.I just want to format that...
  6. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  7. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  8. Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!

in Windows 10 Support
    Darik's Boot and Nuke won't clean the HDD!: Using Darik Boot and Nuke for my work (cleaning HDDs so we can put Linux Mint on it for 'new' PCs) but on some old HDDs DBnN will not clean them all, atleast halfway... Faulty HDDs (second-hand ones) orrrrrr............... 131011
  9. Delete Windows from old HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows from old HDD: Hi, I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want to format the drive. Can I force Windows to delete the folder? 120194
  10. Boot error after clean install to SSD, old HDD still attached

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot error after clean install to SSD, old HDD still attached: Hi guys, i yesterday encountere a small problem. Inserted my new SSD to a SATA3 port and, next to my HDD 1TB, and went for a clean install right away. The system installed without problems (wiht the old HDD still attached), then i booted up the system (was a bit weird,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i deleted my hdd system and install on ssd windows boot manger