Windows 10: Deleted Windows Defender service

Discus and support Deleted Windows Defender service in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Run System Restore offline via Windows RE. It's more effective. How to Run System File Checker SFC OfflineIf that doesn't help,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr. Idiota, May 30, 2023.

1. Deleted Windows Defender service

Split from this thread. Run System Restore offline via Windows RE. It's more effective. How to Run System File Checker SFC OfflineIf that doesn't help, do thisDeleted Windows Defender service :Download defender_diag.bat.Right-click on the file and click Properties, click Unblock, and click OK.Run the batch file as administrator.The Batch file queries Defender-related settings/Policies and outputs the results to a log file. Upload this log to your OneDrive and share the link here. Note: Before uploading the log to your OneDrive, edit the defender.log file and remove your Email ID if found.Hi Ramesh!i got the same pro

:)

Mr. Idiota, May 30, 2023
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, May 30, 2023
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Deleted Windows Defender service :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, May 30, 2023
  4. Deleted Windows Defender service

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Deleted Windows Defender service

1. Deleted Windows Defender service - Similar Threads - Deleted Defender service

2. Window Defender Service deleted due to malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Defender Service deleted due to malware: I installed cracked version of wondershare uniconverter which deleted window defender service.I did repair upgrade of window too by removing all my data yet it isnt fixed....
  3. Window Defender Service deleted due to malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Defender Service deleted due to malware: I installed cracked version of wondershare uniconverter which deleted window defender service.I did repair upgrade of window too by removing all my data yet it isnt fixed....
  4. Window Defender Service deleted due to malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender deleted with it's services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender deleted with it's services: Hey ,Today I faced a problem in which the notification said the security services are stopped please click to restart. After clicking king it says, The services cannot be started. I opened services manager, security centre was missing there. So, I tried some fixes to install...
  6. Windows Defender deleted with it's services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender deleted with it's services: Hey ,Today I faced a problem in which the notification said the security services are stopped please click to restart. After clicking king it says, The services cannot be started. I opened services manager, security centre was missing there. So, I tried some fixes to install...
  7. Windows Defender deleted with it's services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  9. Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing

Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing: [ATTACH] I have been searching around the web to resolve this issue. Came empty handed. I saw a lot of websites and videos saying that I should restart Windows Defender Services. But in my case, problems don't come in just 1: [ATTACH] Supposedly, Windows Defender...
  10. Delete a Service in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete a Service in Windows: How to: Delete a Service in Windows How to Delete a Service in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services provide core operating...