Windows 10: Deleted Windows on Accident

Discus and support Deleted Windows on Accident in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think I majorly messed up and am wondering if all hope is lost. I got a new computer, and had to transfer my Microsoft Key to it to "activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LyndSmith10, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Deleted Windows on Accident

I think I majorly messed up and am wondering if all hope is lost. I got a new computer, and had to transfer my Microsoft Key to it to "activate windows." The key I have is only for one device and I had to therefore uninstall it from the old computer. Well, I think I uninstalled Windows, which I think was the wrong move. The whole "You need your product key to activate Windows" threw me off.

I saved all my files and photos from the old computer, but was hoping to grab a few more things, like saved passwords, etc, AND just keep using it as a backup for things that don't need the office programs. But now when I try to start it, I get these options photos attached. I DID try the "Reset this PC" while attempting to keep my files, but that of course did not work. I feel like my next attempt would be to restore while removing my files, but if there is any other option to try before doing so, I would prefer that.

I did end up downloading the installation on a USB, which is where the installation photos come from I tried uploading images in order but it didn't seem to do that, sorry!. It seems I can't just "upgrade" to install and keep my documents. So if I select to Install Windows Only, it has me select a drive. If the answer is to proceed with that, which drive do I choose? Or do I go back to the original troubleshooting and do the recovery manager without the USB?

Thank you for ANY help anyone can offer!!

Deleted Windows on Accident de6d892b-e683-45c8-86c9-12bcb8660be4?upload=true.jpg

Deleted Windows on Accident 3d68929b-4212-43bf-8a73-e845a5117f77?upload=true.jpg

Deleted Windows on Accident 2a5f75ea-c163-4956-9958-a7d633802bea?upload=true.jpg Deleted Windows on Accident 8c23bf70-0116-4181-bec6-46ad521a534a?upload=true.jpg Deleted Windows on Accident 3adf6e99-fafc-4358-9170-d55b4caf0cda?upload=true.jpg

Deleted Windows on Accident d9bd805c-c857-4db6-b7a9-93cd9a5a20f2?upload=true.jpg Deleted Windows on Accident 7cc7a80a-332b-4a80-9840-34aa2c215e43?upload=true.jpg

Deleted Windows on Accident 7821cc1c-77c6-4b7e-a4f4-0d477e3876c2?upload=true.jpg

:)

LyndSmith10, Jul 8, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 8, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleted Windows on Accident

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Deleted Windows on Accident

1. Deleted Windows on Accident - Similar Threads - Deleted Accident

2. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently deleted Microsoft folder: So in my roaming files i thought it said "minecraft" so i was deleting files in it till i realized it said "Microsoft". after i deleted the files when i hover over apps on my desktop they go black and my shortcuts on my task bar just dont work and all my apps and websites i...
  3. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted Microsoft folder: So in my roaming files i thought it said "minecraft" so i was deleting files in it till i realized it said "Microsoft". after i deleted the files when i hover over apps on my desktop they go black and my shortcuts on my task bar just dont work and all my apps and websites i...
  4. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.: What do I type in the windows file recovery to recover this file. The download is titled C;\users\megan\downloads\practice experience record 481.docx...
  6. I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.: What do I type in the windows file recovery to recover this file. The download is titled C;\users\megan\downloads\practice experience record 481.docx...
  7. I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.

8. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  9. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  10. I deleted a lot of files by accident, including the windows store application file file and...

I deleted a lot of files by accident, including the windows store application file file and...: I deleted a lot of files by accident, including the windows store application file file and I can't open the microsoft store, nor microsoft clipchamp. Now what?...