Windows 10: Deleted wrong partition, inescapable blue screen soon afterwards.

Discus and support Deleted wrong partition, inescapable blue screen soon afterwards. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve looked around for hours to find anyone with similar problems, nothing too accurate to come from it. (Probably shows just how dumb my mistake was.)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Whimsonical, May 16, 2022.

1. Deleted wrong partition, inescapable blue screen soon afterwards.

I’ve looked around for hours to find anyone with similar problems, nothing too accurate to come from it. (Probably shows just how dumb my mistake was.)

I was attempting to reinstall windows, USB and all after my computer became buggier and buggier, was following the steps of a video and he reached the final ones with the partitions and such, saying it doesnt really matter what you delete before starting the process this and that.

I wasnt paying attention and just decided to delete one in the order that he did, because it was already confusing me enough trying to comprehend all this tech-knowledge. Soon after, I realized those partitions were entirely different, wondered if i should actually have done then and I think I pressed “New”?

(I feel like I’m probably making someone that knows exactly what I did seriously cringe at this point, all while I have no idea.)

I tried to go through with the installation process anyways, but was prompted by something saying I needed to clean something before the process could finish

(Sorry if this isnt helping or seems lazy, it was a while ago and I just assumed I could get someone to fix it, but after reading up, I realized that I didnt want to pay someone to spend an hour on my case just to tell me “Welp, youre fucked.”)

It probably doesnt matter anyways, but went through that process while using Command Prompt and quickly tried to return to finish the process, and was swiftfully greeted by a blue screen, switching between the “Your PC needs to be repaired.” and “We’ll collect information and restart.” screens. Though, I doubt that detail matter.

I hear to use programs to recover (If thats even possible.) but my USB reinstallation program wont even boot up anymore, unless alternatives internally different and would work under these circumstances, I even changed up the booting order so that it would load up first.

I dont really mind calling it quits, just curious as to whether I should or not

submitted by /u/Whimsonical
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Whimsonical, May 16, 2022
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 16, 2022
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 16, 2022
  4. Deleted wrong partition, inescapable blue screen soon afterwards.

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Deleted wrong partition, inescapable blue screen soon afterwards.

1. Deleted wrong partition, inescapable blue screen soon afterwards. - Similar Threads - Deleted wrong partition

2. My cumputer received a blue screen of death and rebboted afterwards.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cumputer received a blue screen of death and rebboted afterwards.: Hello,As stated in title my pc has rebooted and created a dump file about it.I would like to know what caused the BSOD.Here is the Error listed in event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffff8081b91e4cc0, 0x0000000000000000,...
  3. My cumputer received a blue screen of death and rebboted afterwards.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cumputer received a blue screen of death and rebboted afterwards.: Hello,As stated in title my pc has rebooted and created a dump file about it.I would like to know what caused the BSOD.Here is the Error listed in event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffff8081b91e4cc0, 0x0000000000000000,...
  4. DELETING PARTITION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DELETING PARTITION: Hi, guys. Have been trying to delete free space partition so that i can create unallocated space but the option is grayed. Have searched for answers everywhere but found no solution. Hope one will help me here....
  5. Deleted Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Partition: Hi, I have 1TB disk and someday I splitted the disk. So I had C 200gb and D 800gb. Today I managed to restore my PC and somehow the D partition has disappeared. Now I only have 200gb. What can I do? I already tried 3 different programs to recover the partition but none of...
  6. Blue screen loop and the password is wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen loop and the password is wrong: I need urgent help please , i wad having a problem where the troubleshooters in my laptop isnt working so Searched online and they said to do a restore point after I did a restore point the blue screen low came in and I got stuck on it and I’m trying to fix it but everytime I...
  7. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  8. My Computer Screen Sometimes Signs-in With Very Dark Brightness, or Darkens Soon Afterwards

My Computer Screen Sometimes Signs-in With Very Dark Brightness, or Darkens Soon Afterwards: I've had this problem with three different computers and only with one Windows Operating System. My problem has to be the Operating System I've owned since I bought it when it was newly released as Windows 8. I can find nothing about it on any of The Microsoft Websites. I...
  9. Constant Blue Screen crashes as soon as Laptop is plugged in

Constant Blue Screen crashes as soon as Laptop is plugged in: Hi, As stated in the title, my laptop immediately Blue Screens (within 5-10 seconds) every time I plug it in to charge. The system attempts to reboot but Blue screens immediately when it tries to load Windows again, each time there is a different Error message. This first...
  10. deleting partitions,..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting partitions,..: i deleted all the partitions on my hdd,..and created new partitions,...now i cant get the os to install,... 27198