Windows 10: deleteing old admin

Discus and support deleteing old admin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; my exfriend set herself up as the administrator on my computer and I have no way of signing in to her account. selling laptop and need to factory reset... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kellysmith6924, Aug 24, 2019.

1. deleteing old admin

my exfriend set herself up as the administrator on my computer and I have no way of signing in to her account. selling laptop and need to factory reset

:)

kellysmith6924, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 24, 2019
  4. lynnmay10 Win User

deleteing old admin

Go Back Windows 7 - error - must delete admin account

HI

Again I appreciate your effort to assist - but sadly again this does not solve my situation

I have time left on my 30 days - the return to windows 7 option is working but stops at the point of getting ready telling me I have to delete the Admin account (I apparently created this as a part of the upgrade process)

None of the instructions given allow me to - I have deleted the account in the family & other users section

There is no option to delete the admin account (that I can see)

I was given these as alternative suggestions - but they don't work either

Method 2

Please go to the registry editor and do the following steps:

• Click +, to open run command. Type "regedit" and click enter.
    • Create a back of the registry. Click on Hkey and go to the File Tab, press Export and save it to your desired your location.
    • Go to the provided path HKey_LocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
    • In the profile list you will find a few SID's please find the one related to the deleted user account and delete it.
    To know which sid is related to the User Account you wish to delete just go to a particular S-1-5series and on the right side look for ProfileImagePath, you will notice c:/users/User_Account_Name.

- when I highlight the account the delete button is greyed out

Method 3:

If you have enabled Built in admin account, please follow the steps below to disable Built in admin.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • From the jump menu select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:no and hit enter.

lynnmay10, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

deleteing old admin

1. deleteing old admin - Similar Threads - deleteing old admin

2. delete admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete admin password: After having " Kennwoerd", now how delete admin password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-admin-password/52bbfd59-5864-4d84-b4e0-59b3b3d8cb8f
  3. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  4. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  5. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't delete old computer admin user file? Please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete old computer admin user file? Please help: About 20 minutes ago i uninstalled the old computer admin profile to free up space, and made my other account an admin. I fiund out that it had not deleted the user folder even though I'm sure I pressed the delete files option, and now I can't delete the folder because it...
  7. deleted admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleted admin: I don't know how but I accidentally removed myself as an administrative user I'm trying to recover itI can't restore my computer because it says I have no permissions it won't even let me go to any type of files it says I need to log into an administrative account but there...
  8. Deleting An Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting An Admin Account: My 15 y/o son has somehow become the administrator account on my laptop. I already created a new account for me and set it to administrator. I am unable to delete his account as it is set to my login on the laptop. Help!...
  9. removing old admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing old admin: I just bought this laptop windows 10 and the old administrator is still here. How do I remove him and put me as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-old-admin/fdb2e432-2b8b-45fc-88ba-78fb43e0a5a9
  10. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?): Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as it will cause issues, what options is there? Grateful for any guidance, many thanks. 122466