Windows 10: Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in

Discus and support Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I am deploying Edge Chromium throughout my company and part of the install script I have is deleting IE shortcuts to discourage use before its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drekk0, Oct 12, 2020.

1. /u/Drekk0 Win User

Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in

Hi

I am deploying Edge Chromium throughout my company and part of the install script I have is deleting IE shortcuts to discourage use before its unsupported

My script deletes the IE shortcut in :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

and also :

C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

The path in %appdata% is where the IE shortcut keeps coming back once I either log off and log back on

Also a new one I found is C:\Users\username\Desktop\Edge.lnk

keeps coming back after deleting it to. After I log off and back in, it comes back on the desktop

What could be causing this?

submitted by /u/Drekk0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drekk0, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

Hi Johann

I tried running the Unlocker app,but my non working Steam desktop shortcut didn't come up in the list.

Any suggestions on what to try next?.

Thanks

Colin

Sudsy malone, Oct 12, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in :)

terrace, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in - Similar Threads - Deletes shortcuts keep

2. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  3. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  4. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  5. deleted network adapter drivers keeps coming back after I delete it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleted network adapter drivers keeps coming back after I delete it.: Hello, recently there were some problems associated with my LAN network drivers as they weren't showing and my ethernet was not working, so I downloaded IntelR 82579LM Gigabyte Network Connection but there was a little yellow near it, I updated it but the problem was not...
  6. Deleted file keep coming back

Deleted file keep coming back: Hello guys, i noticed file in C named with date and year created its own, i tried deleting it but everytime i restart laptop or shutdown then turn on, it recreates again on C, anyone know why is that happening and what is this file and why did it even create? And how can i...
  7. Deleted folder keep coming back after restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder keep coming back after restarting: Couldn't find a solution for this problem. Whenever I restart my laptop, a folder I delete keep coming back. Its not in the same path as my OS and I already scanned using Windows Defender and MalwareBytes. I dont think another app is using this folder because I used it to...
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. deleted files come back

deleted files come back: I have two folders that I need to delete. Every time I delete them they re-appear after maybe 30 mins to 1 hour. I even delete them permanently from the recycle bin, but they still re-appear. Please can someone help. It's driving me mad! Thanks Mike...
  10. Log Files keep coming back after deleted (Pics)

in Windows 10 Support
    Log Files keep coming back after deleted (Pics): Hey guys looking for some help with my Windows 10 Acer. I have these files that i keep deleting and they keep coming back. Any idea what could cause this ? Thanks. [img] 63689