Windows 10: Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs

Discus and support Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I Found I had 2 exact copies of recorded TV Programs of over 10 years ago. I wish to delete the copies before examining the original recordings. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billz, Oct 19, 2020.

1. billz Win User

Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs

I Found I had 2 exact copies of recorded TV Programs of over 10 years ago. I wish to delete the copies before examining the original recordings.

So I put them in the recycle bin, and as I now always examine the recycle Bin folder carefully before I delete anything permanently, I was horrified to see included in the recycle Bin: My main Boot Hard drive (C) and Recover Drive (D).

I did 2 snip copies showing the situation and restored them to their original positions. I checked the files in the folders just to see they were copies.

The total size of each Folder TV(1); TV(2); &TV EACH totals 219 GB in round Figures that's a GRAND total of 660GB this is strange, because the Total storage used over the decades must be only 309GB with of 571 GB still Free of the 880GB total allocation on Drive BOOT (C) with 18.6GB still Free of the 49.9 GB Allocation for Recovery Drive (D).
    So I assume that there is only one Store of TV Programs and if any copy is deleted; it is, as if it were just a shortcut. This would account for the Recorded Folder of TV(1) as snipped showing just 312MB.

As shown in the snip attachment I will try and attach, there is a maximum size of 47125 MB for Boot (C)
    At the end of the day . It is the other data perhaps being only 309GB-219GB or 90GB being my chief interest. The TV Programs can be destroyed as unimportant as a tinkling cymbal - I only listen to the Radio and then only briefly.
    Helpful comments will be appreciated.

:)

billz, Oct 19, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs :(

lyndonguitar, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs

1. Deleting 2 No219GB Folders exact Copies of same downloaded TV Programs - Similar Threads - Deleting No219GB Folders

2. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 monitors showing the exact same stuff: Went on my pc and both monitors were working fine suddenly both my monitors paused.I turned one of the monitors off and on but it then showed a plain green screen so I decided to turn my pc off and on. here is the problem, both my monitors show the exact same thing and when I...
  3. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  4. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  5. 2 folders with same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 folders with same name: I have my photos in 2 folders on my OneDrive. They both appear in Explorer with the same name ‘Pictures’. When I look at Properties, I see that one of them is located at Onedrive/MyPictures which is its original name. I think I did some tweak a while back to make MyPictures...
  6. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: Split from this thread.Hello!I'm so sorry I didn't see your response for some reason Microsoft didn't notify me of it:Anyways I solved it by restarting my computer! There were a lot of updates waiting for me; I usually just don't install them immediately because it requires...
  7. Does copying folders delete older files in old folder with the same name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does copying folders delete older files in old folder with the same name?: I create back-ups manually, with the exception of deleting massive files from the drive/pc that I created a back-up from. Now I find it easy to just ctrl+c/v everything, but what happens with older files in the old folder I replace with the new one? Does it "delete" the...
  8. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: When my battery dies, my laptop kind of shuts down, and when I start it after plugging in, it just starts where I left off. I generally don't close my laptop when I don't need, but I need to use my Linux environment in order to develop a software. So I have to restart it....
  9. Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution: I had a Dell UP3017 monitor connected via dock to my laptop. The resolution (recommended) is 2560x1600 at 59Hz. This setup worked flawlessly. I then connected a second Dell UP3017 and the 'Display Settings' will not allow me to set the new display to the same resolution....
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...