Windows 10: deleting a disc file

Discus and support deleting a disc file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KingPaimon, May 16, 2022.

1. deleting a disc file

Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I tried deleting the disc image file but it said it was open in the system. I checked my task manager and there was nothing that seemed it was from the app. I did delete the app but the disc image file was still there, I tried force deleting the Disc image file with cmd but didn't work. Then i saw a post of a person asking the same problem and one staff told him to go to device manager and delete the virtual dvd drive. I thought it is because of that

:)

KingPaimon, May 16, 2022
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 16, 2022
  3. Files waiting to be written to disc

Hi,

The Files waiting to be written to disc error occurs when the files that you're trying to burn are accidentally placed on the driver that is used by the disc burner, or when attempting to burn a disc fails. To resolve this, we suggest
    that you delete the temporary files to be burned as these files could be conflicting the process of burning the files that you want.

Here are the steps:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R simultaneously.
    • Type shell:cd burning, and then press Enter
      to open the Temporary Burn Folder.
    • Delete all the files in the Temporary Burn Folder folder.
    • Restart the PC.
    • Attempt to finish burning the CD.

Note: In the event that some files in Temporary Burn folder won't delete, restart the PC, and then try the procedure again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Patricia Yu, May 16, 2022
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

deleting a disc file

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, May 16, 2022
Thema:

deleting a disc file

1. deleting a disc file - Similar Threads - deleting disc file

2. reinstall of windows deleted disc problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reinstall of windows deleted disc problem: Hi i was googling and watching youtube but nothing worked. I have problem when i was booting new windows 10 i downloaded everything to my external disk so i saved it And i was formating disks and DELETING them .... I was in hurry thinking i can do it later in disk management...
  3. reinstall of windows deleted disc problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstall of windows deleted disc problem: Hi i was googling and watching youtube but nothing worked. I have problem when i was booting new windows 10 i downloaded everything to my external disk so i saved it And i was formating disks and DELETING them .... I was in hurry thinking i can do it later in disk management...
  4. reinstall of windows deleted disc problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. deleting a disc file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a disc file: Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I tried deleting the disc image file but it said it was open in the system. I checked my task manager and there was nothing that...
  6. recover files deleted by disc cleanup

recover files deleted by disc cleanup: I didn't notice the new function in Windows10 that includes downloads in the list of files that are OK to delete. Disc cleanup deleted all my downloaded files. How can I get them back?...
  7. How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents: Onedrive says not enough free space, but I cannot delete a 4.1GB windows disc image file in onedrive/documents. Never had this issue before. An online MS technician put it there yesterday. He unsuccessfully tried to talk me through a rescue for my Toshiba laptop which froze...
  8. How Can I Delete the Files in the DVD+RW Disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Delete the Files in the DVD+RW Disc: I cannot delete the files in the DVD+RW disc. Any help? 127188
  9. Files waiting to be burned to disc

Files waiting to be burned to disc: when I want to burn a video file to a DVD and it says the file is waiting to be burned to the disc, how to I actually burn it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-waiting-to-be-burned-to-disc/a74ea1cb-bc1c-4a65-8296-f0cf83042d69"
  10. deleting an disc image file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting an disc image file: by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet . it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it. looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware . how can i get...