Windows 10: Deleting a folder on the system drive

Discus and support Deleting a folder on the system drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oeivinr, Aug 24, 2015.

1. oeivinr Win User

Deleting a folder on the system drive

Hi,

A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created by windows 8.1 in connection with creating a USB recovery drive for the 8.1 system. I should have erased it then, but forgot. Can I do it now? How can I make sure, it is what i think it is?

Edwin

:)

oeivinr, Aug 24, 2015

2. Icon on menu + sw to allert on call duration

Try deleting the folder of the application inside the drive.

Drive letters may change. If it's on the phone it's C: and if it's on the stick it's E:

c:\System\Apps\(name of the folder you want to delete)

usually this folder contains an .aif file.

Hope this helps.

tatum---01, Aug 24, 2015
  3. administrator permission

Which part of the system are you trying to delete the folder from? Please note that system folders located under C:\ drive should not be deleted. If its within your user folder, try taking ownership of the folder, then try deleting again. How-To Easily Take Ownership Of Windows 7 Files and Folders

Andre Da Costa, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

What is the full path to this file?

Ztruker, Aug 25, 2015
  5. oeivinr Win User
    Windows C:/RefreshImage/customrefresh.wim

oeivinr, Aug 25, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I use CCleaner to clean up these files. Under Advanced, select Old windows files (or something like that) then run Analyze to see what it will delete. If ok then clean Run CCleaner.

Ztruker, Aug 26, 2015
  7. John035 Win User
    If you delete it then Windows will just do a default refresh. It would be better to deregister the custom refresh image before deleting it though.

John035, Aug 26, 2015
  8. Ninetailz Win User

Well old system files should be in windows.old folder, i think that's a recovery image from windows 8.1 given by your manufacturer. If it was me i would delete it since its taking space and recovery is basically useless for me since i have backups.

Ninetailz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting a folder on the system drive - Similar Threads - Deleting folder system

2. Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?: I had two WindowsApps folders in the “program files” folder, one was in my system drive and one was in my other internal hard drive. The one in my system drive did not allow me to open it, while the one in my other hard drive let me open it. I deleted the WindowsApps folder...
  3. Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?: I had two WindowsApps folders in the “program files” folder, one was in my system drive and one was in my other internal hard drive. The one in my system drive did not allow me to open it, while the one in my other hard drive let me open it. I deleted the WindowsApps folder...
  4. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  5. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  6. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  8. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Unable to delete unwanted system folders: [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on...
  9. Deleted folder on flash drive

Deleted folder on flash drive: I erroneously deleted a folder on a flash drive. The folder contains ~ 22 files Word docs and pdf's. Can I restore it to the flash drive? Thanks, John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-folder-on-flash-drive/58cb0082-d0f5-46a5-a5b2-147e82afe789"
  10. DVD drive was deleted by system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive was deleted by system: internal DVD drive is not visible to system. Device manager code is 45; however, Device manager event says drive was deleted. DeviceInstanceId SCSI\CDROM&VEN_TSSTCORP&PROD_DVD+-RW_SU-208CB\4&1B3D76D7&0&010000 ClassGuid {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Problem 0x2d...