Windows 10: Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

Discus and support Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Иван Пешић, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

Hello,

I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders exist and are used on C drive i get message that I'm required a permission from TrustedInstaller to do that task. How can I delete those unused folders that require such permission?

Greetings,

Ivan

:)

Иван Пешић, Feb 7, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 7, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

Removing Access To Block my Files Being Deleted From TrustedInstaller

I replied in the message before! Thanks for your suggestions.

The error message is "Folder Access Denied, You Require Permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder"

I can make changes to some yet other walkthrough videos show that I can't. I'm very confused!

R L Walker, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

1. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller - Similar Threads - Deleting folder requires

2. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  3. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  4. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder: The message prompt You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder will pop up when you try to delete, modify, rename, or access core system files that are protected under the ownership of the TrustedInstaller process. In order to do the necessary...
  6. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  7. TrustedInstaller deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  8. Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller

Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program access denied My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from...
  9. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?: I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-folder-i-made-protected-by/b9851810-0597-422f-8f47-f0673261971b"
  10. is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller: I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-bad-to-disabledelete-trustedinstaller/b4d3c0c6-5965-48b3-b487-e46b96ce375d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot delete trusted installer folders linux