Windows 10: Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist

Discus and support Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to delete a folder that Windows 10 salys does not exist but I can see in file explorer. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by j0e5d4i9, Mar 28, 2020.

1. j0e5d4i9 Win User

Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist

Does anyone know how to delete a folder that Windows 10 salys does not exist but I can see in file explorer.

Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist 503ac523-9da5-4315-a0b8-3f17b0e29960?upload=true.jpg

:)

j0e5d4i9, Mar 28, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 28, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleting a folder that Windows says does not exist - Similar Threads - Deleting folder says

2. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  3. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  4. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I delete a folder that windows says does not exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a folder that windows says does not exist?: Windows will not allow this folder to be deleted because it does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-folder-that-windows-says-does/d0c9cd2c-779e-4c7f-8ffd-29fcbb3725cc
  6. How do I delete a folder that windows says does not exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a folder that windows says does not exist?: Windows will not allow this folder to be deleted because it does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-folder-that-windows-says-does/d0c9cd2c-779e-4c7f-8ffd-29fcbb3725cc
  7. Windows 10 folder does not exist, but still shows, and can't be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 folder does not exist, but still shows, and can't be deleted: Hello, I'm having some issues with Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. Let me take you through the process that got me to this point. I installed OpenJDK 14 to work on a Gradle project. Gradle created a folder within my home directory called .gradle and within .gradle...
  8. I cannot delete a folder that "does not exist" (but it does)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot delete a folder that "does not exist" (but it does): I tried to remove that folder using rmdir command in cmd, but it's no use. I haven't found other solutions on the Internet. So what else can I do?...
  9. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  10. Explorer says folder does not exist when in fact it does

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer says folder does not exist when in fact it does: I'm trying to move a folder one level upwards. To illustrate: Folder A contains Folder B, which then contains Folder C Folder A -> Folder B -> Folder C I want to move Folder C to Folder A, like this: Folder A ->Folder B Folder A -> Folder C But then...