Windows 10: Deleting a font

Discus and support Deleting a font in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so I downloaded a font and for some odd reason, some pages on google will use that font and it's hideous to read. I wanted to uninstall it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steben_223, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Deleting a font

Hey, so I downloaded a font and for some odd reason, some pages on google will use that font and it's hideous to read. I wanted to uninstall it but when I go to Settings > Personalization > Fonts. The uninstall option for it is not even there... I tried all sorts of methods such as entering the Registry Editor, Control Panel. The Registry Editor didn't even show the downloaded font and only the system fonts. Fortunately, the control panel had a delete option but when I click it, it says the font is in use by System. I tried ending the process via resource monitor but same issue keeps popping up. How can I delete this font?

:)

steben_223, Feb 4, 2021

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 4, 2021
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Deleting a font

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Deleting a font

1. Deleting a font - Similar Threads - Deleting font

2. How do I delete Aptos font as an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Aptos font as an option?: I never want to see parts of my email and documents changed to Aptos font again. How do I permanently delete Aptos font from my font options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-aptos-font-as-an-option/dd087581-8a49-4cbd-8733-804794a92859
  3. How do I delete Aptos font as an option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Aptos font as an option?: I never want to see parts of my email and documents changed to Aptos font again. How do I permanently delete Aptos font from my font options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-aptos-font-as-an-option/dd087581-8a49-4cbd-8733-804794a92859
  4. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  5. Deletion of font in AppData file

Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  6. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. [SOLVED] Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows: I was tinkering around with fonts to add a symbol to it, and then decided to start over and go back to the original font. I uninstalled the fonts through the regular font menu in Windows settings.However, this font still appears on my computer, even though it does not appear...
  8. Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows: I was tinkering around with fonts to add a symbol to it, and then decided to start over and go back to the original font. I uninstalled the fonts through the regular font menu in Windows settings.However, this font still appears on my computer, even though it does not appear...
  9. Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows: I was tinkering around with fonts to add a symbol to it, and then decided to start over and go back to the original font. I uninstalled the fonts through the regular font menu in Windows settings.However, this font still appears on my computer, even though it does not appear...
  10. Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows